Cramp in my hands

Bikers and riding
chunky butt

Cramp in my hands

Post by chunky butt »

Im suffering more and more with hand cramp, used to happen for the first 5mins of a ride out, but now seems to last nearly all day. Just wondering does any body else suffer, and is there any tips, medication, etc, any recommendations. I am going to change grips for some soft ones, any one got suggestions.
Brads

Re: Cramp in my hands

Post by Brads »

Experiment with gloves, make sure they fit well with plenty room.

Also, heated grips,, all year.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Cone

Post by Cone »

Are you sure it’s cramp. I had carpal tunnel needed my wrist sliced open to fix it. It got to the stage of not being able to pull the clutch in after 15mins on a bike sharp jabbing pain
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Carpal tunnel is tinggling in hand...cramp is a seizure....

The position of hand on bars helps...rotate forward or backwards to find comfy position...hushpuppy grips enlarge grip diameter....

Does stopping and shaking hand bring relief.....im ambidextrious :lol:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Thanks for the replies, normally if I stop,even for 20 secs, shake my hands, pump them a bit ,happy days, then 5mins later its come back. Was on the tools today and even had it then. Me thinks a visit to the quacks could be imminent. Cheers russ, looking at hushpuppy grips. :D
Cone

Post by Cone »

Tramp wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm Carpal tunnel is tinggling in hand...cramp is a seizure....

The position of hand on bars helps...rotate forward or backwards to find comfy position...hushpuppy grips enlarge grip diameter....

As a carpal tunnel sufferer I can definitely tell you it is more than a tingle. :roll:

The tingle is when your sat at a keyboard not doing a lot. I had extensive carpal surgery on my left wrist as I had sharp stabbing pains when pulling in the clutch
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

As the bi-dexterous Tramp says make sure your handle bars are set correctly. position should be arms slightly bent at elbows with no pressure on shoulders. you may find that you are actually gripping to tight try to relax the grip straighten your fingers occasionally and when you can drop hands to side get some blood flow and shake out hands.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Cone wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm
Tramp wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:18 pm Carpal tunnel is tinggling in hand...cramp is a seizure....

As a carpal tunnel sufferer I can definitely tell you it is more than a tingle. :roll:

The tingle is when your sat at a keyboard not doing a lot when pulling in the clutch
:o :o :o
what you do in the privacy of your own home is up to you :D :D :D
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

zimtim wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:54 pm As the bi-dexterous Tramp says make sure your handle bars are set correctly. position should be arms slightly bent at elbows with no pressure on shoulders. you may find that you are actually gripping to tight try to relax the grip straighten your fingers occasionally and when you can drop hands to side get some blood flow and shake out hands.
Yep constantly drop my arms as riding, pump the fingers, stretch fingers and thumb, but still there. Does anyone know of any remedies, as I know cranberry juice is good for gout, is there anything for cramp. ;)
Wonkyconk

Post by Wonkyconk »

Keep yourself hydrated and if you like it chuck a bottle of tonic water into your hydration pack.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”