ccm gp 450 with the husky engine

Bikers and riding
Mikekitts81

ccm gp 450 with the husky engine

Post by Mikekitts81 »

so seen these today its the ccm gp 450 adventure . it similar to the gp but as the husqvarna engine in it instead of the bmw

not heard or seen anything aboput these till today was they kept quite or have i just been in coo coo land

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CCM-GP-450-S ... SwSYpbpkGT
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
mechanic

Re: ccm gp 450 with the husky engine

Post by mechanic »

Hi. I think this is the engine that was always fitted, from the Husqvarna TE449. I had a TE 511 nice engine but has very close gear ratios. More of a racing transmission. The engines were made by Kymco, and husqvarna went tits up and KTM bought them out. There were loads of engines available. Think these were the ones fitted by CCM. If they were on the husky ECUs they ran very weak causing easy flameouts. I think it took CCM a while to sort. Lots of warranty issues. However if anyone knows more or can add to this please join in. Hope this helps cheers Nige.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

It is the same engine
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I think the main difference is that the Husky's had a six speed box and the BMs five speed. The last of the GP450s had the Husky engine, the earlier ones the BMW one. When CCM told me they were replacing mine as it was knackered after 10,00 miles I asked whether there were any six speeds ones available and was told that there were not and that the five speed was better. They did not offer an explanation for this, perhaps just having slightly more oil in the sump made a difference, the way mine drank oil that is a possibility.
Cheers Jak
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

My TE 511 also drank oil for no real reason, low Milage and serviced properly. I had the oil analysed twice. It came back both times with massive oil dilution by fuel!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Believe the husky engine's got hydraulic clutch, and some oil breather/reservoir thingy, that adds another half litre capacity me's thinks. But then the 511, which is actually 470cc, 6 speed box, could of been a better bet for ccm. A lot of owners have said they need to have the power commander to smooth it out, now my g450 has a power switch, low power is ample for me but does tend to stall, but in mad mode it goes like stink, very smooth, never stalls...could ccm not of used the bm ecu, and power switch?
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Yep, she did have 6 speed with hydraulic clutch and did go like stink through the gears, but was a bastard for cough stalling or flame outs as the yanks like to call it. Never did get it properly sorted. Best thing was it’s constant chain tension technology as the swinging arm pivot was in line with the gearbox sprocket centre. Thus no variation in chain tension with suspension travel.
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

I have hopefully 'lucky' number 13. There's 25 of the SR version; 6 speed Husqvarna TE449 engine with hydraulic clutch. They are the all singing version, so have the WP forks, preload adjuster, power pack, racks, spots, upgraded stator etc etc.

I had some trouble with my first engine (replaced) this one has done 5000 miles & seems solid. You need a DMC breather to increase the oil reservoir which isn't a standard piece of kit.

I do really like mine, (I have to I own it), although borrowing a bog standard 40hp, no thrills version for a week while mine was being repaired, I enjoyed that just as much. After a 1000 miles on the loaner, to be honest I wish I had saved myself quite a lot of cash & just gone with the basic package.

I've just spent a weekend camping in the Peak District, covered about 800 miles. It is a very well thought out bike, with just a few lazy build / production issues that stop it being excellent.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Sanqhar

Post by Sanqhar »

Aren’t these ones the full power 50bhp version. And loud!

Tom
... and today was a good day in the life of...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”