Long Way Up

Bikers and riding
Moto Bikemad

Re: Long Way Up

Post by Moto Bikemad »

I think Lyndon Poskitt races to places is a better show.

https://lyndonposkittracing.com/races-to-places
Been there, seen that, fell off.....
Toe

Post by Toe »

I've always enjoyed LWR/LWD too. Got me into adventure riding just as I was starting to ride at 16.
daveuprite wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:20 pm Long Way Up. So I guess that means Tierra Del Fuego to Alaska ?

Could be good. I don't particularly mind the fact that their trips involve support vehicles etc. At the end of the day it is hard to make a good travel film with high production values without lugging a lot of gear around. There are loads of amateur helmet-mounted Go-pro vids on youtube, and anything done by Ewan/Charlie has to be much more polished than those or there's not much point and they would not attract the finance/backers.
I agree, the additional vehicles don't bother me for the quality they're producing. End of the day they still ride what they've got to ride where ever they go (yeah yeah shortcuts here and there)

Treadtrader wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 pm If it happens would be nice to see them on Triumph Tiger 800's. Charlie is the Triumph "celeb" at their launches.
Fly the flag and all that.
Yeah he's one of their "brand ambassadors" so wouldn't be surprised.
DRZ 400 Daytona 675 | BEL ESP FRA GBR
KHM IDN LAO MMR PHL THA VNM
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

I really enjoy Races to Places too.

I personally have time for all different types of motorcycle travel programmes. More the merrier.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

Treadtrader wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:57 pm If it happens would be nice to see them on Triumph Tiger 800's. Charlie is the Triumph "celeb" at their launches.
Fly the flag and all that.
That seems the most likely but maybe Moto Guzzi could sponsor them with the new V85 - hoping to emulate BMW’s success with the 1200GS
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yes it would be interesting to see but with something a tad smaller this time maybe a 650-800 cc though these tings tend to fall through without a good source of money backing it.
DanielS

Post by DanielS »

Nicoli wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:09 am I really enjoy Races to Places too.

I personally have time for all different types of motorcycle travel programmes. More the merrier.
Yup, I'm with this. The more the merrier. I probably have subscriptions to about 5 Adventure related youtube channels, some are better than others (and some are just annoying) but I'm happy to have something out there.

Look forward to it even though there will be annoying bits I'm sure.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Still love the 'Wrong Way Round' piss take...

chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Great find that Dave, first time I've seen it..... :D
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Boarded the ferry from Portsmouth to Santander a couple of weeks ago and noticed Graham Hoskins from Adventure Bike TV boarding the same ferry. He was on his KTM with two other guys, another KTM and a Ducati I think. I dont know the guy, just recognised him from one of his programs I watched online a couple of years or so back. Vaguely remember him riding to Norway on Triumphs supplied by Triumph if memory serves me right. Could be wrong of course and confused that with something else. Haven’t watched any others. Are they worth watching?
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Do you mean are Graham's things worth watching?

Mad in the med - OK, low production values and a tight budget mean it isn't the best piece of viewing but it's alright. Him and Danny John Jules go around the med on Transalps in 14 days I think it is.

Dakar Dreams - better production values than above, more professional. Half decent watch. Him and Danny John Jules again. They take Teneres along an old Dakar Route.

Adventure Bike TV - I watched this religiously for three series... Then tbh I got kind of bored of it.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”