Long Way Up

Bikers and riding
robson

Re: Long Way Up

Post by robson »

lets' face it, since their first movie many riders did RTW trips 100% unsupported and many of them solo, without any SUVs, backup money etc
so these kinda trips are not any more something special.
Last edited by robson on Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattCrane

Post by MattCrane »

I agree that they may not be special but for some/most they are still interesting and enjoyable to watch.

In my case they go to places that I will either never be able to afford to go or can't get to due to disability although given the chance/opportunity I would still love to give it a damn good try :)

For others it may give ideas of places to visit that they never considered.

At the end of the day its why we have a remote control don't like it turn it over/off :D
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

robson wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm lets' face it, since their first movie many riders did RTW trips 100% unsupported and may of them solo, without any SUVs, backup money etc
I would say that these trips ARE special. Every trip is, however you do it. There is no wrong way. Big bike, small bike, camping, hotels, supported, unsupported......it’s what suits the individual.

To produce a film as high a quality as they did and to inspire so many people. And also to appeal to non Motorcyclists is an incredibly difficult thing to do, and a great achievement to make it work.

When you have done a trip as long as theirs and produced a successful film, let me know where and when it’ll be aired.
I’ll be sure to tune in and watch.

I thought that Long Way Round was top notch. Long Way Down on the other hand didn’t live up to expectations, for me.
I hope that they do make the next one. Maybe it’ll inspire more people to ride/travel/dream.
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Definitely sounds more and more like its on...
Screenshot_20180823-130023.png
Screenshot_20180823-130023.png (402 KiB) Viewed 4741 times
robson

Post by robson »

OnHellas wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:52 am
robson wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm lets' face it, since their first movie many riders did RTW trips 100% unsupported and may of them solo, without any SUVs, backup money etc
I would say that these trips ARE special. Every trip is, however you do it. There is no wrong way. Big bike, small bike, camping, hotels, supported, unsupported......it’s what suits the individual.

To produce a film as high a quality as they did and to inspire so many people. And also to appeal to non Motorcyclists is an incredibly difficult thing to do, and a great achievement to make it work.

When you have done a trip as long as theirs and produced a successful film, let me know where and when it’ll be aired.
I’ll be sure to tune in and watch.

I thought that Long Way Round was top notch. Long Way Down on the other hand didn’t live up to expectations, for me.
I hope that they do make the next one. Maybe it’ll inspire more people to ride/travel/dream.
BTW did you know some parts were faked? are you ok with that?
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I’ve heard the rumours that some of it was made up to make the film more watchable.
I’ve also heard that the bikes had some serious issues.

Am I OK with that? The programs were, and are, good to watch and inspirational to lots of people.
Not all things are as they appear.

But again, good luck with your RTW ride, I look forward very much to watching your sure to be BAFTA nominated film of purity and truth......
Brads

Post by Brads »

It`s a TV programme.
Like Henry, they have the ability and talent to make a living doing what we all want to do.

They are restricted by rules and regs as to what they can do while filming as they are covered by employment protection laws and HSE guidelines and regs, so they don`t do the whole unsupported thing.

So what ? The programmes were brilliant the book as well, and they basically created the monster that is adventure bike sales in the UK.

Can`t wait for the new one to come out, and cn`t wait to read all the jealous rubbish that folk use to put them down.

If they can do better, why don`t they ? :)

Bring it on. I may even get a glimpse of what be my next bike lol.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Brads

Post by Brads »

robson wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:02 pm lets' face it, since their first movie many riders did RTW trips 100% unsupported and many of them solo, without any SUVs, backup money etc
They are more special though aren`t they. They ended up with award winning TV to sell around the world.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
Freeloadeur

Post by Freeloadeur »

Philiptigerrice wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:53 am Trumpet are planning an enormous launch of their new 1200 Scrambler....

We could see them doing it on that..
Triumph Scrambler 1200 launch - October
Long Way Up (rumoured) launch - October

Coincidence? Maybe, but look at the way the bike market is going, look at the age of the average adventure bike rider, none of us are getting any younger, whereas the whole retro-custom-scrambler-bike-shed thing is where it's at.

Not forgetting Charley is brand ambassador for Triumph and a Bike Shed investor - this time it's Ewan who's the hanger-on.
Happiness has 125cc ...
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

The whole bike shed/hipster thing bubble is bursting--simply because the bikes are not really practical outside London--buy an Enfield Himalayan!- people are trying to make money simply by taking things off perfectly good old school iron--and 12k for a "new" one !!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”