The very last HISS events!

Bikers and riding
Simon_100

The very last HISS events!

Post by Simon_100 »

A very important update for many of you who have been thinking about coming to the HISS some time.

We've decided to call it a day after the HISS events this September, so these will be the last HISS gigs - ever!

It's a tough decision that we postponed taking around New Year after our annual 'review' of how things were going, the way you do, but with our cottage here in the Pyrenees 75% complete after a more or less total rebuild - after fifteen years in the planning while we rented it out for holidaymakers - the 'review' of how we live from now on is suddenly very real and the simple answer is to give more time for ourselves, and the dog of course ... and to have a good time rather than spending so much time and energy making sure that everyone else has a good time ... and also the rather alarming factor that we're now beginning to live on our pensions rather than or wits! :D

Regs

Simon
Last edited by Simon_100 on Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Tramp

Re: The very last HISS events!

Post by Tramp »

Now youve got time on your hands write so e proper tour guides with roads, campsites and food haunts from bilbao to the med along the pyrenees... With a few pics.... Non of this trail riding shit just back road scenic stuff us old codgers do...

Sure folks will still drop in and drag your sorry ass out the chair...
MR X

Post by MR X »

Best news I have had the pleasure to hearing in a long time

even you know when to stop flogging a dead dog. :lol: :lol:

Now lets see who is going to set up an extreme hiss type event :)
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) PHISS ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Time to resurect team extreme lol.... We fall off alot and break bones...

I enjoyed the 2012 first event... And met some real characters...
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

hello Simon I only done the one event with yourself and your team and great it was too would love to have done more as a working man with only one bigger trip away a year and ferries becoming more and more difficult -a shame. I bet there are many who could thank you as well as myself for the great effort you put in for event I attended. I wish you and Polly a great "retirement" hope you keep up with a few posts now and then.
ta Paul
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Yeah shame that Simon. I was hoping to attend one of your events in the future as I only got to understand what it was all about recently! I hope you will be still involved with the TET stuff as your input is very much appreciated.
bowber

Post by bowber »

Wow, does that mean you'll be having a huge HISS up on the last night?
What am I talking about, every night is a HISS up! ;-)

On a more serious note, though we've only been on one HISS event so far it was great fun and we both appreciate the effort it takes to get these things arranged so best wishes to you both and I'm sure you'll have plenty to keep you busy.

Still hoping to make September but it'll just be me as Alison has a lot of jobs booked for buses then.

Steve

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”