Survival options

Bikers and riding
sprintster

Re: Survival options

Post by sprintster »

I was just reading somewhere the other day that farm vehicles are involved in most bike collisions in the country.You might not think you're speeding but are you prepared for someone doing 20mph around the corner? Also even if they are turning left into a field they first have to swing out to the right to make the turn.I once had a close shave with an oncoming combine harvester turning left into a farm yard and filling the road.Locked up back brake,skidding past in the dirt between the road and the grass verge.And a change of pants when I got home!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Many years ago, I used to drive a tractor.

You could indicate to turn right into a clearly visible entrance, complete with sign saying "caution tractors turning right', and some idiot would still try to overtake you because you did a little swing to the left first.

Funniest one I ever saw was a tractor heading down Stroud Road in Gloucester with an old-fashioned disc mower in the 'transport' position: ie pointing straight back off the 3-point links.

The tractor pulled over into the centre of the road to make a turn right into the junction for the country park, and the impatient Audi driver behind decided to push past on the left...just as the tractor turned right and swung the mower, with the discs at windscreen height, right across his path.

He managed to stop, just,, but probably had to buy a new seat.

:D
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Video quality is not great but heres the bird in question

Code: Select all

http://tinypic.com/r/351d2bp/9
http://tinypic.com/r/351d2bp/9

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”