F*%ing stupid Filterers! Giving the rest of us a bad name.

Bikers and riding
FatFreddy

F*%ing stupid Filterers! Giving the rest of us a bad name.

Post by FatFreddy »

Ok, so I, like most of us, filter through stationary traffic. I’ll even continue filtering when the traffic is trickling along, but If it gets to say 15/20mph (fast enough for someone to suddenly decide to switch lanes across my path) I’ll be a good boy and get in line with the rest of them.

Recently though I’ve seen a few idiots who’ve really made my blood boil. On 3 separate occasions in the last week I’ve seen bikes “filtering” at 50mph+ and one superstar who thought it a good idea to weave through traffic at 0ver 70!! What a pr#ck! I watched him disappear up ahead switching from slow lane to fast lane and back again, Undertaking, passing between vehicles on the white lines. I think he thought he was playing a video game or in some dodgy adventure movie.

Apart from the obvious death wish, these idiots give the rest of us a bad name as hooligans.

The car drivers won’t remember the bikers who ride sensibly (tbh I’m not sure many of them even notice us at all, the way they drive) but they will remember the idiot who passed between them and a lorry at 75, paint us all with the same brush and treat us with less consideration accordingly.

Rant over.
Brenhden

Re: F*%ing stupid Filterers! Giving the rest of us a bad name.

Post by Brenhden »

Yeah, I stop filtering once the traffic is moving enough for someone to change lanes and hit me too.

However today a guy in a van who was stationary suddenly changed lanes without looking or indicating and as there wasn't space ended up blocking two lanes. I managed to stop in time but grrrr...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

Could it have been a stolen bike?
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Brenhden wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:15 am Yeah, I stop filtering once the traffic is moving enough for someone to change lanes and hit me too.

However today a guy in a van who was stationary suddenly changed lanes without looking or indicating and as there wasn't space ended up blocking two lanes. I managed to stop in time but grrrr...
Haha, don't get me started on van drivers, and mobile phones and..... Where's my blood pressure medication?
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

AlanHolt wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:36 am Could it have been a stolen bike?
Possibly, but I was on that Motorway for another 20 miles and there was no police pursuit.
Anyways, wouldn't you do better to blend in on a stolen bike?
I'm inclined to think he's a just prick.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Don't come to France, filtering, and especially under taking are the norm here......had to go to Bordeaux Monday, and those that know the periferique, well a 1200rt passed me between trucks, etc, as if I was standing still :o
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Guilty of historical crimes m'lud. I might still have the odd moment. Oooh fuck, i've said it now. :lol: :oops: :roll: Please be gentle with me.
FatFreddy

Post by FatFreddy »

Billy Bananahead wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 3:08 pm Guilty of historical crimes m'lud. I might still have the odd moment. Oooh fuck, i've said it now. :lol: :oops: :roll: Please be gentle with me.
Am I just showing my age here? 😂 Don't misunderstand, I've been riding bikes for 35 years. I don't just love them as a practical transport option. Have had more knobhead moments of my own than I'm prepared to admit to.
But as a tribe we complain so bitterly about car drivers, trying to kill us, that passing between two adjacent vehicles, both already traveling at about 70mph seems a tad suicidal.
Go sit on the naughty step Billy.
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I drive a white van and i think i happen to be the single most curtious van driver out there only perhaps because I get paid from the moment I start my van to the moment I turn it off so if anyone wants to cut in front of me that's fine and I let everyone go as I ain't in no rush I'm getting PAID
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Mike Horton

Post by Mike Horton »

Yes there seem to be quite a few a-holes doing silly filtering. As u was always told you don't want to be the meat in the sandwich of moving vehicles! I only filter stationary vehicles of those crawling on dual tracks etc, it's not worth it.

I think there is just some idiot drivers and bikers unfortunately but the way I see it if you know they are out there it raises your awareness and makes you the better rider/driver!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”