Kinda Lost It Today..

Bikers and riding
Brenhden

Re: Kinda Lost It Today..

Post by Brenhden »

I was out all day today pootling around on my 250. There have been gangs of bikers everywhere. Some were excellent riders some were terrible. I group were over taking me on sports bikes and their 'odd one out' on a Harley near smashed into all his mates he was so keen to get past.

I try and let it wash over me.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

DaveCon wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 4:53 pm It's why I never go out riding on a bank holiday.
I did today but got up the coast early, easy run back, all the traffic is going the other way! Afternoon gardening and mtb-ing on the tracks and leave em to it :lol:
Did amuse me the other day when a Ducati overtook my S10 on a straight and then slowed me up on a corner :shock: :lol:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Most of the worst inconsiderate driving I see these days tends to be from younger women.
But I probably piss other drivers/riders off with my shoddy road behaviour, which includes.......
Constant filtering to the front of any queue.....even if it's just one car!
Jumping queuing cars by crossing over onto the other side of the road, then diving back to "my side" as on coming cars approach, this really upsets the car driving drama queens.
Disregarding temporary traffic lights.....when there's nothing coming the other way.
Disregarding traffic lights on round-abouts when it's perfectly clear.
Keeping to urban speed limits + 10%
Using short cuts by passing between bollards/width restrictions.
Wheeling over speed humps.
The problem is I've been riding bikes since I was an irresponsible teenager, so the rebel in me isn't quite suppressed when I climb onto a bike.
If I'd started riding at 40 and taken one of those advanced rider courses things would be different.
Magnon

Post by Magnon »

The problem is I've been riding bikes since I was an irresponsible teenager, so the rebel in me isn't quite suppressed when I climb onto a bike.
My problem as well although much more aware of the dangers these days, but certainly not opposed to putting the wind up your average dosy car driver. However, beware the inexperienced driver in a fast’ish car driving like an accident waiting to happen.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

SteveW wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 am
If I'd started riding at 40 and taken one of those advanced rider courses things would be different.
I started riding at 54 :D
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
XF650

Post by XF650 »

SteveW wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 6:52 am Most of the worst inconsiderate driving I see these days tends to be from younger women.
But I probably piss other drivers/riders off with my shoddy road behaviour, which includes.......
I can certainly relate to that, 10 years of despatching in London and I still have some really bad habits I can't seem to get rid of ha!

Thanks for all the input guys. I guess it was just one of those days, we were both tits.

Gotta chill more!
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

vRSG60 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 am
Yes but you rode pillion on my bike when you were 17!
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

SteveW wrote:
vRSG60 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:31 am
Yes but you rode pillion on my bike when you were 17!
ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Ssuriozr

Post by Ssuriozr »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 1:50 pm Seriously?

Tip: Never try to work as a professional driver.

Ask any of the truck/bus/van drivers, or anyone who has to drive for business on here, and they will tell you that they have to see and deal with far worse than that every day. Let it get to you and it will probably kill you.

Meanwhile, for an example of totally cretinous behaviour, see:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/outdoor/www.bbc.co.uk/news/

I wonder if the police will take any action against the driver...probably not as he was involved in a cycling event, which is a licence to break the law.
Since I work professionally as a truck driver, I fully support your words and understand what you're talking about!
UKJeeper

Post by UKJeeper »

When I worked as a courier, I learnt the "Pepe Le Pew" approach to dealing with fkwit driver/riders. Let them race on ahead, scrambling for that one extra slot, space, 1" space.

I knew i would still catch them up down the road somewhere while I took my time, and enjoyed a much increased chance of surviving...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”