nods

Bikers and riding
Mikekitts81

nods

Post by Mikekitts81 »

dont see it alot on here but on a lot of other forums theres a big debate on nodding to other bikers personally i do unless there 20 of um then i aint going to be churchill nodding away so i do the first and thats it but what do all you guys think of the nodding . as a biker do you feel you have to nod to anyone on a bike coming down the road is it just second nature and respect for the guy with the same intrests on 2 wheels.
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Stewie

Re: nods

Post by Stewie »

Not as cool as the Euro hand drop, but always nod, if I'm on the dirt bike never get a nod back, and cruiser riders rarely nod, and yes I know there's so on here that do nod.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

This has been covered several times over the years.

Nodding has been on the decline over the years.
I always try to acknowledge another rider unless I am in the middle of manoeuvre etc that means I need to focus on the task.

Generally it is the left handed peace sign this is especially good if passing a group of riders and definitely stops the nodding dog (just not a cool look)
The peace sign can also turn very quickly into the V sign if somebody really pisses me off
If two hands are needed on bike then a nod will suffice.
A lot of people now that ride bikes are not necessarily "bikers" but more commuters so don't get the whole nodding brotherhood thing
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Nod to acknowledge a solo or two bikes and hang out my right leg if more than that, I also say good morning to my co-workers but I'm just a bit wierd like that :lol:
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Fishandchips

Post by Fishandchips »

I always give a nod and probably get 60% back. It’s funny how it depends what your riding.

How many of you guys nod to a biker when your in the car or is it just me? What a tit.
johnnyboxer

nods

Post by johnnyboxer »

Nodding is for dummies

As others say.... a wave is a more positive affirmation
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Most bikers wave here in France, suppose it's easier as it's your clutch hand, the hand you'd notice being riding on the right....if that makes sense, did notice the Spanish don't seem to wave so much though :D
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I always nod.
We're at a disadvantage compared to mainland Europe regarding hand acknowledgement, because we pass oncoming riders "throttle side"
When I pull up next to fellow riders at traffic lights I always say a few words, typically....."Your Harley is shit mate"
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Hahahaha brilliant subject! I thought I was a bit fucked up but the comment by fishandchips made me laugh, nodding from his car lol... I have also done this once or twice (I'm still laughing as I type this ). Ill go even further as to say I have a mental struggle weather to nod up and down or nod to the side lol... and often look like a complete spaz by using a combination of both hahahaha.... that's why I like riding on the continent its much easier just waving with the left hand (low wave) its much cooler and you don't end up looking like a crazy SOB. There I feel better now getting that off my chest :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

i always nod unless its to a group.
If I'm ignored I just mutter "Canute" and forget it.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”