Got to go.

Bikers and riding
PHILinFRANCE

Re: Got to go.

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

I know what you're saying Capt. but if you don't stay for fuck sake send me your detail !!!

Phil ..............................yep that feckin fool in France
bikenav

Post by bikenav »

thanks for the stuff that you have posted you do get to ride some interesting places not all of us have similar inspiring photos or tales to post often. I hope that you do continue passing on your pics etc even if is on another platform. keep the wheels turning .
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

captinktm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm I have tried to post a few interesting things on here over the past couple of years, trying to keep the forum going but these days I look down the long list at the side and think nothing here for me. I love exchanging info it's the reason I joined in the first place. So it's obvious that the forum is not what I am looking for so I am outa here. Most will be glad I guess. :D
It's a shame you are leaving. All forums have muppets, I just ignore them.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

to receive respect you have to give respect

take a break
then return with a new attitude
to share you experience and expertise

(I hope you can start to sort the problems in your life .. and not take it out on others with disrespectful remarks)
best wishes
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

captinktm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm I look down the long list at the side and think nothing here for me.
If you're just here for what you can get out of it, then that's not very community spirited :( Of course as an experienced, well traveled adventure bike rider, then there won't be as much you can get out of the forum because you've most likely "been there done that". But there will always be surprising nuggets (the learning curve is "S" ish shaped for a reason). And there are plenty of new riders joining the forum who are looking for your advice and guidance as an old hand.
captinktm wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:50 pm I have tried to post a few interesting things on here over the past couple of years,
And they are appreciated and widely read, 148 "thank you's" just since the forum changed is not bad, (16% of ALL your posts). We are a small community in the end so you will not get thousands of followers or contributors. One of the problems with forums is getting feedback at a low level, usually it takes an extreme reaction to get a response but at least we have the "thumbs" on this site (and it was very much missed when it went away). Sometimes you throw things out there and nothing comes back; oh well never mind keep going.

I honestly have no problem with the new site. Perhaps I'm not using the bits that have changed the most. Anyway February is shit, there's always a bit of a lull before things get better around Easter. Hang on 'till then :D
Last edited by DaveCon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

These type of posts make me laugh.
If you're gonna go just go,
The fact you post your intention to leave means you are only seeking attention and hoping that some will beg you not to leave.

Find another way to gauge to your popularity and own self worth.

Ask not what this forum can do for you but what you can do for the forum.
RandG

Post by RandG »

zimtim wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:02 pm These type of posts make me laugh.
If you're gonna go just go,
The fact you post your intention to leave means you are only seeking attention and hoping that some will beg you not to leave.

Find another way to gauge to your popularity and own self worth.

Ask not what this forum can do for you but what you can do for the forum.
Couldn't have put it any better myself if I tried.
mikeXTZ

Post by mikeXTZ »

garyboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:24 pm My wife makes me cheese sarnies which I hate. so I am going to commit suicide. Ok .. I am not married and I make my own sarnies. . . But I am gonna do it anway :)
I thought you were going out on the bike with Will on Wednesday...... :?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Mike .. I only said that for attention .. so that everyone on here would say "no no, Gary .. please don't do it .. we think too much of you" .. but they didn't, so I thought `sod it .. I'll go out on the bike then` :lol:
micksea

Post by micksea »

garyboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:24 pm My wife makes me cheese sarnies which I hate. so I am going to commit suicide. Ok .. I am not married and I make my own sarnies. . . But I am gonna do it anway :)
:o your going to get married????? don"t do it......step back from the precipise.....we can talk you out of this......things will seem better,easier if you just go for a ride on your bike.......how can we carry on if you succumb to this irrational decision? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”