Wales - Glyndwr's Way Any Good?

Bikers and riding
dodursley

Re: Wales - Glyndwr's Way Any Good?

Post by dodursley »

there is a gpx file for the walker route here https://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/glyndwrs-way/plan
the file
national_trails_glyndwr_way_2018.gpx
(1.47 MiB) Downloaded 133 times
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

The Glyndwr's Way route from that thread is a ride I put together for a previous issue of ABR, following the general direction and course of the Glyndwr's Way footpath. It sticks exclusively to tarmac and is a beautiful ride. My favourite part, as someone else has mentioned, is the mountain road between Llanidloes and Macynlleth - just incredible.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

thanks for clearing that up, Bryn 8-)
Last edited by garyboy on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yoyo

Post by Yoyo »

Bryn wrote:The Glyndwr's Way route from that thread is a ride I put together for a previous issue of ABR, following the general direction and course of the Glyndwr's Way footpath. It sticks exclusively to tarmac and is a beautiful ride. My favourite part, as someone else has mentioned, is the mountain road between Llanidloes and Macynlleth - just incredible.
I rode that Staylittle road for the first time with a ROSPA group last October during storm Brian, didn't see any of the views on the way up North but rode it on the way back to Swansea the next day, stunning views and nice road to ride too. It looked like there was a gravel road going off it, anyone ever investigate that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Bryn wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:32 pm The Glyndwr's Way route from that thread is a ride I put together for a previous issue of ABR, following the general direction and course of the Glyndwr's Way footpath. It sticks exclusively to tarmac and is a beautiful ride. My favourite part, as someone else has mentioned, is the mountain road between Llanidloes and Macynlleth - just incredible.
Thanks for that. It’s in the itinerary now and loaded into the satnav.

Cheers.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
PaulinBont

Post by PaulinBont »

Yoyo wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:33 pm
Bryn wrote:The Glyndwr's Way route from that thread is a ride I put together for a previous issue of ABR, following the general direction and course of the Glyndwr's Way footpath. It sticks exclusively to tarmac and is a beautiful ride. My favourite part, as someone else has mentioned, is the mountain road between Llanidloes and Macynlleth - just incredible.
I rode that Staylittle road for the first time with a ROSPA group last October during storm Brian, didn't see any of the views on the way up North but rode it on the way back to Swansea the next day, stunning views and nice road to ride too. It looked like there was a gravel road going off it, anyone ever investigate that?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
The gravel road heads off up to a couple of small lakes. About a year ago, myself , Steve and Pete went to have a little explore ...well worth it :)

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”