Anyone else get upper leg pain when "paddling" through awkward off rd sections?

Bikers and riding
Moomin Maiden

Re: Anyone else get upper leg pain when "paddling" through awkward off rd sections?

Post by Moomin Maiden »

yep, I had hip surgery in 2012 (at the age of 32) and these sections with deep ruts where you cannot keep your feet on the pegs extremely painful. I have to stop every 20 meters or so because the cramp makes me double up in pain. The muscle that usually causes the problem is the Psoas.
Griff097

Re: Anyone else get upper leg pain when "paddling" through awkward off rd sections?

Post by Griff097 »

Moomin Maiden wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 3:59 pm yep, I had hip surgery in 2012 (at the age of 32) and these sections with deep ruts where you cannot keep your feet on the pegs extremely painful. I have to stop every 20 meters or so because the cramp makes me double up in pain. The muscle that usually causes the problem is the Psoas.
Nothing like a pain in the Psoas to ruin your day!

As I am taller than average, even when I was riding extremely regularly I used to suffer from endless deep ruts in the old events that whent on for ever, but I have found that even a bit of 'paddling' now I am out of condition is enough to ruin me and bring on cramp in the night.

It probably doesn't help that now I am an old lasy bastid compared to years ago and not supple/subtle either?

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”