Dog sitter

Bikers and riding
captinktm

Dog sitter

Post by captinktm »

This is probably the wrong place to put this but I am planning a trip and with out someone to look after my dogs it aint going to happen.
So here's the rub. I live in Bulgaria, probably the best place in the world to ride off road. I need some one with or without their family to baby sit the dogs. There are three of them and they are all bitches and walk off the lead and of course know the area well. They will require at least two walks a day each of an hour ish, they also get fed twice a day. Apart from that they have a big garden which is fenced and they can roam in. In exchange for this the volunteer would get the use of my Lada Niva, and my KTM 525 to ride the trails which start from the front door and of course the house. It as three bed rooms and Internet. Ideally I would like 3 weeks but two would still be ok. You will have to pay for your own flights and consumables. The house is in a village 9km from Elena. Nearest airport Sofia and then it's a 3 hour bus trip. If you are interested you can check out the trails on youtube on captinktm channel. When? That is totally flexible on my part, but needs to be between May and October ish.
IMG_20160119_113249.jpg
IMG_20160119_113249.jpg (74.48 KiB) Viewed 3737 times
Simon_100

Re: Dog sitter

Post by Simon_100 »

Hmm, interesting. Dogs, Niva - like mine the best 4x4 you can get :D no disrespect but the KTM I'd leave to you ...

OK, so signed up for the topic.

Regs

Simon

PS the last time I did a gig like this was to 'babysit' a goat in Otmoor, Oxfordshire, while its owners went to the Dylan concert at Blackbush - holy hippie shit man ...

I was happier with the goat - no, we didn't! - and my Ducati 350 Mach III
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

So, what are your dogs? Mine wouldn't' be coming BTW ...

Seriously, my time is going to be totally based around a major rebuild of our house where in the Pyrenees but once that's under way Mrs S has the final say anyway ... but May and September are out thanks to the HISS and some stuff with the TET. But I'd really like to 'do' eastern Europe on a road trip so ...

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

garyboy

Post by garyboy »

captinktm

Post by captinktm »

The dogs are a Chocolate Lab, and Staffy and a Jack Russell called Russell. All bitches and no trouble at all.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I'm bumping this back to Capt. The only time I could come by bike would be the second half of August, i.e. about the worst time I can imagine for crossing Europe!

I've thought about driving over wit Mrs S and Balto but that would have to be in late May and still uncertain re. our house rebuild. Also, sadly, Balts and any type of bull terriers don't exactly see eye-to-eye - I'm sure your staff is lovely but Balts has been attacked by so many of the type - rather the type of owners - that it's not worth the risk of a fiasco in regard to dog-sitting ...

So back to the drawing board my friend, at least it's better to know now.

Regs

Simon

Venusian

Post by Venusian »

I reckon my girlfriend would be dead keen for this, I've sent you a pm,

cheers!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

That's a really good deal for someone :)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

Simon_100 wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:36 am I'm bumping this back to Capt. The only time I could come by bike would be the second half of August, i.e. about the worst time I can imagine for crossing Europe!

I've thought about driving over wit Mrs S and Balto but that would have to be in late May and still uncertain re. our house rebuild. Also, sadly, Balts and any type of bull terriers don't exactly see eye-to-eye - I'm sure your staff is lovely but Balts has been attacked by so many of the type - rather the type of owners - that it's not worth the risk of a fiasco in regard to dog-sitting ...

So back to the drawing board my friend, at least it's better to know now.

Regs

Simon
Thanks Simon, all three dogs are spade and a bit aggressive to other dogs, nothing serious but they are a gang. They have also never been on a lead as there is no need here. August is ok for me, not the best as it will proper hot in Turkey at that time below 2000 meters.
Thanks.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

captinktm wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:36 am
Thanks Simon, all three dogs are spade and a bit aggressive to other dogs, nothing serious but they are a gang. They have also never been on a lead as there is no need here. August is ok for me, not the best as it will proper hot in Turkey at that time below 2000 meters.
Thanks.[/quote]

Yup, natural behaviour for dogs and none the worse for that! But what I was saying is that I can't make it at either time. :(

Simon

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”