Yamaha 700 tenere.....

Bikers and riding
herman

Re: Yamaha 700 tenere.....

Post by herman »

Mike the max cc for a competition rally bike changed to 450cc a few years ago. The RR versions they offer are race bikes which as a privateer you can buy including spares packages, if your pockets are deep enough of course. There does seem to be a bit of a shift towards mid range off road biased bikes from the major manufacturers or at least they are making the right noises. What we will probably end up with is road going versions of these bikes which hopefully will lend themselves to adaptation, a GS800 type thing only better maybe?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Mikekitts81 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm
qcnr wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:23 pm
Mikekitts81 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am They also said in 2017 that there working with others and in 2018 the rally raid 450 replica will be made available for purchase .it sort of reminds me of a miny t7 ..https://www.yamaha-racing.com/dakar/bike when looking at dragon racing itself you find out that the replica is costing around 27000 euros and if the tenere is to follow this route then the price for a rally raid could be threw the roof ..with a standard road version being more of a road bike price
Just whack some panniers and a rear rack on that and you're off, never to be seen again :D
There wouldn't be many fuel stops either.
If I could afford to pay 27000 euros without the wife shouting at me then I would but last time I checked when the wife says get what ever bike you want and do what you want it really doesn't mean that and it results in the sulking and being off with me for months ha ha she said I could get a new bike to go with the other 2 in the garage as at one point I had 4 1 off road 3 on road bikes but since I sold 2 and have said iam gonna get another I have paid for a 5 grand holiday and now she's decided she wants help opening a shop and just the other day she come at me with the fact she as broke the exhaust on the bmw so it needs one of them now o and her mums getting a dog from Bury St edmunds for a grand and there's one left so she wants that aswell ... what is it they say every man's dream is to be able to afford to live the life that is wife and kids live ... and starting to think that's true ...

Simple solution... adopt a greyhound!

You'll save about £800 and make puppy breeding a less attractive business. Win, win!
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:48 pm
Mikekitts81 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:30 pm
qcnr wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:23 pm
Mikekitts81 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:09 am They also said in 2017 that there working with others and in 2018 the rally raid 450 replica will be made available for purchase .it sort of reminds me of a miny t7 ..https://www.yamaha-racing.com/dakar/bike when looking at dragon racing itself you find out that the replica is costing around 27000 euros and if the tenere is to follow this route then the price for a rally raid could be threw the roof ..with a standard road version being more of a road bike price
Just whack some panniers and a rear rack on that and you're off, never to be seen again :D
There wouldn't be many fuel stops either.
If I could afford to pay 27000 euros without the wife shouting at me then I would but last time I checked when the wife says get what ever bike you want and do what you want it really doesn't mean that and it results in the sulking and being off with me for months ha ha she said I could get a new bike to go with the other 2 in the garage as at one point I had 4 1 off road 3 on road bikes but since I sold 2 and have said iam gonna get another I have paid for a 5 grand holiday and now she's decided she wants help opening a shop and just the other day she come at me with the fact she as broke the exhaust on the bmw so it needs one of them now o and her mums getting a dog from Bury St edmunds for a grand and there's one left so she wants that aswell ... what is it they say every man's dream is to be able to afford to live the life that is wife and kids live ... and starting to think that's true ...

Simple solution... adopt a greyhound!

You'll save about £800 and make puppy breeding a less attractive business. Win, win!
She wants a poodle not a greyhound :( ... the chihuahua died last week so she doggy moaning ...
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

herman wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:34 pm Mike the max cc for a competition rally bike changed to 450cc a few years ago. The RR versions they offer are race bikes which as a privateer you can buy including spares packages, if your pockets are deep enough of course. There does seem to be a bit of a shift towards mid range off road biased bikes from the major manufacturers or at least they are making the right noises. What we will probably end up with is road going versions of these bikes which hopefully will lend themselves to adaptation, a GS800 type thing only better maybe?
Personally Herman I never liked the gs800 the new one is said to have the esa suspension or something which you can adapt on the go . I didn't mind the f800gs sport that was in touratech but I my self would go for a more off road orientated bike as I spend many days a week on roads driving all over the country so getting off road is a blessing to me
Ksithumper

Post by Ksithumper »

KTM must be delighted.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Ksithumper wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:41 pm KTM must be delighted.
allthough i like ktms i would personally rather go the dark side and get a husky

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”