Plans for 2018

Bikers and riding
SHarper

Plans for 2018

Post by SHarper »

It must be getting to the point in the year where everyone starts thinking about next years adventures, so, does anyone have any definitive plans?
I think another visit to the La Pobla HISS is called for after missing out this year, probably in a van with the Beta, but as far as my longer bike holiday goes, I'm not so sure where to go, up to now Bulgaria, Portugal, a lap of the Baltic, revisit Norway (explore more to the West) are in the mix; but there's the TAT that needs doing and now the TET too.
Aaaargh, so many places, so little time...
Bryn

Re: Plans for 2018

Post by Bryn »

Like you, so many places in my mind, but so little time!

Planning on heading to the Elephant Rally for the first time in January, then I want to get back over to the States at some point to explore more around Utah, and would also love to do the length of the Appalachians.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Bryn wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:11 am ... I want to get back over to the States at some point ...
When you go to the States do you ship your bike over or hire one when you're there or ??

Myself, I've not decided between Ireland and the WAW, or Portugal - or maybe both. And I was speaking to a guy waiting for the ferry (like you do) and he'd done - ferry to Spain, ride across Spain to Barcelona, ferry to Sicily and then ride up through Italy, Austria and etceras which also sounds fun.

So many options ... ;)
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Went east this year, north last and west the year before that. So it's the south's turn again for me. Southern France, the Pyrenees and a large chunk of the Iberian peninsula. Sorted.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Always looking for something new so maybe a trip out to Bulgaria, Turkey and Greece. Possibly 4 or 5 weeks in total and maybe in 2 halves with the bike being left out there in between. All depends on lots of things ie. Family, work, money, health etc but if you don't dream ............
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Seriously looking at 4-6 week coast to coast USA trip around the end of May
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Tet of some sort, hopefully
if not frogland then at least sheepland 😎
if not a long bit then at least a small bit
If not a hard bit then at least an easy bit
If not a .... O etc 😛😎
WillS

Post by WillS »

Hopefully some or all of the following.
TET Part France and Spain
Vibraction RB5 But very similar in parts to the TET in the Pyrenees.
A HISS depending on location and dates.
Plus general day and overnight rides in and around the trails in the Spanish Pyrenees.
herman

Post by herman »

I realised after reading numerous ride reports on here that I really have not done the Pyrenees justice so we will be meandering around there this year and meeting the wife in Carcassonne for wine tours. Might even get to meet Simon.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

We get the boat to Uruguay on 5th November with the Ural combo; should be back sometime next year, quite when I have no clue!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”