Trials riding

Bikers and riding
Tripster1050

Re: Trials riding

Post by Tripster1050 »

diggermanbob wrote:I just started riding trials at the age of 65 loving it bought a 250 gas gas a couple of weeks ago , picked it up on the Tuesday and entered a trial on the Sunday , pissed with rain great fun , plus I've got the jotagas outfit which I'm entering the newcomers class in the British championship rounds , down at phils in France at the moment I reckon he needs a trials bike in the stable :D
Can I ask what gas gas you bought Bob ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I bought a 250 txt pro.
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

Just bought my first trials bike, gas gas 200, absolutely love it......aged 47
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

Other than competitions, where do you all practice ? Im based near Lancaster and would ideally like to practice someplace as well as tution @ places like inch perfect trials

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

I'm a long way from you down in Gloucestershire, I've joined a local club who have a practice venue , also used for trials , members can use it at any time it's a great venue.
wispyone

Post by wispyone »

I'm close to a place called 'bumpy' in Morley near Leeds. 11 acre site set up for trials. £20 a year membership and £10 on the day. I believe there are cheaper (free) places but I'm still looking for any local ish
Tripster1050

Post by Tripster1050 »

wispyone wrote:I'm close to a place called 'bumpy' in Morley near Leeds. 11 acre site set up for trials. £20 a year membership and £10 on the day. I believe there are cheaper (free) places but I'm still looking for any local ish
I hail from bradford so know Morley Image

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I've been involved in classic trials for 25+ years, I would advise anyone who fancies having a go to do a bit of observing then you get chance up close to see how different riders attempt sections, practice is all well & good but the difference is when someone sets out sections & tells you where to ride it's totally different as I found out!! The club I'm chairman of held our round of the Northern British Bike Championship yesterday with an entry of 90 bikes, a good day was had by all.
We have built up quite a range of land we use but unfortunately there's not many places to practice to be honest.
We now include an "easy route" in our club championship trials to encourage people to have a go, plus we only allow pre65 bikes & air cooled twin shocks so it's not to extreme :D
We do have a few ex-works riders & one ex world champion that are members of our club though.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

diggermanbob wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:29 pm I've joined a local club who have a practice venue , also used for trials , members can use it at any time it's a great venue.
Me too, I use Scarborough club ground, about 200 acres to use and costs £100/year for all year round access
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

lancashirelad wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:26 pm
We do have a few ex-works riders & one ex world champion that are members of our club though.
3x World Champ - no less :mrgreen:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”