New oiler I come across

Bikers and riding
Mikekitts81

New oiler I come across

Post by Mikekitts81 »

rotalube.png
rotalube.png (60.1 KiB) Viewed 3605 times
I been looking at oilers for my bike. many different one from toturo to Scott oilers and even looked at the d.i.y bodge jobs but then I come across I great invention by interlube called a rota lube which looks the part apart from if there's any mechanical failure . Have people tryed and tested this system as iam quite interested in the theroy of the system yea I would have to source a 520 or 525 sprocket size for the chain but iam sure I could do that ....in theroy the oil goes in the sides coming g out of the pin hole size holes in the sprocket evenly spreading the oil at each pin and connection
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
captinktm

Re: New oiler I come across

Post by captinktm »

This is interesting, BUT. I would think that the oil would fling, and where would it mount? There would not be room on my 950 and even if there were it would get a good battering. Far easier to use the swing arm as a tank, and have it drip fed to the rear sprocket.
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Interlube are systems for bus and truck and as such are quite bulky. I believe the one you are looking at is for industrial machinery and would be way too big for a bike application. The reservoir pump unit would also be large scale.
Stick to a bike specific system
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

i understand the systems are bulky and more for trucks buses etc but I am a bus driver/coach driver so if I could source a 520 sprocket and some tubing iam thinking I could make it so the scott oiler or something similar would feed it with oil and set the oil direct inbetween the chain links as there advertised to do I could simple bracket the sprocket to the swing arm as I have plenty of room and normally bus and truck components are well built this would evenly spread the oil on my chain instead of having it drip feed on so its less likely to flick everywhere or drop on the floor tyre etc
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

I have used scot oiler on two road bikes and with the double nozzle feeding both sides of the chain, and the flow rate adjusted correctly I have never had oil on the tyre, As it switches off when the engine stops it does not drip.
What advantage do you think the Interlube sprocket will give
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

It just seems more precise on were the oil would be going as the oil would roll onto the chain evenly rather than drip feed down onto it
SHarper

Post by SHarper »

Mikekitts81 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:16 am It just seems more precise on were the oil would be going as the oil would roll onto the chain evenly rather than drip feed down onto it

The oil on a Scottoiler shouldn't be dripping onto the chain. When set up correctly, it should be dripping onto the face of the rear sprocket and getting spread by centrifugal force.
I wouldn't be without mine, 'cos I'm crap at chain maintenance. I got 29,000 miles out of the notoriously crap first chain on the gs800. I changed the second one after 15,000 miles, there was still life in it but I was going on a long journey and changed it prematurely for peace of mind.
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

@mikekitts81, It looks interesting but don't think it would cope with the chain movement due to the rear end travel. With fixed position sprockets it would work well but these tend to be in much cleaner environments than the back end of a bike so wouldn't require the same amount of lubrication.

I use a PD-Oiler as I've never had much joy with Scottoilers on other bikes, they've always ended up an oily mess once the weather has warmed up or not enough when it's gotten cold. The PD-Oiler pumps the oil at a metered rate which is much more controllable. They do come with a wick feed that basically deposits oil on the chain as touches it. Sounds good in theory but I found it only attracts dust and dirt to the wet wick so you deposit dirty oil onto the chain instead. I binned that part and fitted the Scottoiler dual feed part instead and the combination has been faultless, well controlled and very little fling.
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Craig-SM wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:34 am @mikekitts81, It looks interesting but don't think it would cope with the chain movement due to the rear end travel. With fixed position sprockets it would work well but these tend to be in much cleaner environments than the back end of a bike so wouldn't require the same amount of lubrication.

I use a PD-Oiler as I've never had much joy with Scottoilers on other bikes, they've always ended up an oily mess once the weather has warmed up or not enough when it's gotten cold. The PD-Oiler pumps the oil at a metered rate which is much more controllable. They do come with a wick feed that basically deposits oil on the chain as touches it. Sounds good in theory but I found it only attracts dust and dirt to the wet wick so you deposit dirty oil onto the chain instead. I binned that part and fitted the Scottoiler dual feed part instead and the combination has been faultless, well controlled and very little fling.
Sounds like you've got it how you want it now . It was just a thought as I keep seeing the chain guided things on eBay like this https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre ... 3155121859 and thought I could change it with a sprocket and oil flow making a more even spread rolling on instead of drip feeding. I was just seeing if anyone had tried something similar or using that ...
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I have seen numerous one on you tube that make there own and say there better if not just as good as the Scott oilera that's were I come across the sprocket in videos of it showing the way it feeds and thought it would maybe work instead of All the drip feeding it on to the chain

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”