Recommend an insurance company

Bikers and riding
Dave DRZ

Recommend an insurance company

Post by Dave DRZ »

It's renewal time again. I've been with MCE for a few years now, never made a claim, but do find them a bit of a faff to deal with. In the last 6 months I've moved house, sold a bike and bought two - each time it's a right faff to update their records, it takes well over 30 mins, there's an admin fee (£40+ each time) and usually an increase in premium (even when I sold a bike!). They never seem to have accurate records for me, and struggle with the concept that the bikes are different, that I don't use my trials bike for work, or don't take a pillion on my enduro bike without pillion foot pegs, let alone that I keep the bikes in different places - garage, lock up, shed...

Can anyone recommend a multi bike policy that is less hassle? Easier to buy and sell bikes, without getting hammered with admin fees every time there is a change to make?

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
lancashirelad

Re: Recommend an insurance company

Post by lancashirelad »

I gave up with Carole Nash this year to dear & to complicated, a mate recommend Lynbrook to me but you have to phone them but it was simple they were £50 less than CN but of course you don't know till you claim how good they are but may be worth you ringing them??
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

I sort of gave up on CN this year too.

Premium increased by 29% but nothing changed. They tried to blame tax increases but when I challenged them on that being a 2% rise they then shifted to blaming the Ogden ruling. When I challenged them on that they just said try us next year maybe we will do better.

So I went to the Meercats. They gave me JMI Insurance at the same rate as this year.

JMI are CN. They cert shows the same underwriter and everything is exactly as is.

The only thing is you don't get CN's DNA and breakdown recovery.

When I asked CN about this they pretty much said 'yeah we can't do anything you'd be best going with JMI'.

Anyway that's my rant - maybe try them.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Cone

Post by Cone »

Bennetts Additions have always served me well
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I stayed with carole nash this year and got it cheaper as I told them I could get it cheaper somewhere else they asked who with I told them and they give me 5 pound cheaper than the other insurers and I have had 2 breakdowns in the last year both times carole nash dealt with them and sent recovery etc and we're no trouble at all rang up they asked were I was and sent people out without any hassle ... all protection covers but iam unsure which I went with cause there's 2 there's carole nash and then theres carole nash scoot and commute which always give different prices never understood why just think there 2 separate company's using the name as ones always dearer than the other .
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I'm with Motorcycle direct and have amended the bikes three time this last year.The trouble is although they gave me a good price for each and the same discount over all [7yrs NCD] each policy is one full year so I now have three different start dates on four bikes.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”