Uk t.e.t trans euro trail changes

Bikers and riding
Mikekitts81

Uk t.e.t trans euro trail changes

Post by Mikekitts81 »

iam putting this here as an heads up as the u.k t.e.t trans euro trail as changed me myself went out up near Ripponden and followed the route down south and also went up north a few days before with a few issues along the way in West yorkshire and there as been other issues also in other areas ... so for any of you that are think of doing the route there is a new version with changes amended so the old version needs deleting and the new version downloading...
Screenshot_20170907-074650.png
Screenshot_20170907-074650.png (192.76 KiB) Viewed 3950 times
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
Brenhden

Re: Uk t.e.t trans euro trail changes

Post by Brenhden »

Spotted the update this morning, I was due to start the TET at Brighton on Monday, looks like I'll be starting at Dover instead :D
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

I myself started it in a few different times from Ripponden over the salters fell and then back to Ripponden heading south but encountered a lot of problems with farmers etc who had blocked the rights of ways off with trees bushes and had locked there gates and we're saying the council is in dispute over the right of way so they have changed and tweaked the route slightly I went around there wall which is the way they pointed me to and they were happy with and personally I think that way is better and more technical than the farm track that goes straight through but iam unsure of the route they have put in the t.e.t as I haven't looked yet to see the way they have changed it to go .. there is a few articles in the Huddersfield newspaper about the council and the farm owner and the dispute and I think to keep peace and keep bad attention away from the t.e.t they have changed it ...
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

2017-09-06-18-26-13.jpg
2017-09-06-18-26-13.jpg (109.95 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
the way I went was over the pink line after doing the green and checking the area but the yellow line is the intended first t.e.t route just off sandy lane but personally doing the green or pink line is better or combined them if you please but like I said am unsure of the route the t.e.t creators have put in ...
SIF

Post by SIF »

Brenhden wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am Spotted the update this morning, I was due to start the TET at Brighton on Monday, looks like I'll be starting at Dover instead :D
What are you riding ? It's quite slippy this week on the chalk so look out for it ! Please post some feedback on the route, I designed Dover to Battle and it's a decent bit of not too difficult riding. There is a Temp TRO in place on a small section just after you hit Hamstreet so you will want to give that a miss and head straight up the Ashford road to rejoin further up. Have fun,.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Yep anyone doing trails in uk now will need full on enduro tryes as the mudd slippy season has arrived early down.south ...wet chalk is.lethal on top of overgrown trails...
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SIF wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:45 pm
Brenhden wrote: ↑Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:59 am Spotted the update this morning, I was due to start the TET at Brighton on Monday, looks like I'll be starting at Dover instead :D
What are you riding ? It's quite slippy this week on the chalk so look out for it ! Please post some feedback on the route, I designed Dover to Battle and it's a decent bit of not too difficult riding. There is a Temp TRO in place on a small section just after you hit Hamstreet so you will want to give that a miss and head straight up the Ashford road to rejoin further up. Have fun,.

I'll be riding a CRF250 Rally with camping gear. Am I mad?
Thanks for the tip about the TRO

EDIT - The forecast is miserable and as the bike is totally untested I'm going to put the trip on hold and spend the time farkling...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

Crf rally would be a good choice if you ask me as long as your comfortable with it for me iam to much of a weighty big guy so just felt it didn't have the humpf to get me up hills as I would Wish were as my 660 tractors up anything and over anything.... As you come from Ripponden down to Sowerby bridge be carefully on the road called doldram lane Its a cobbled road going down I last week took a fall on the cobbles and skated down the lane with my motorcycle boots on and the bike I had to wheel down the wall and if I used any brakes the wheel would just leave me.... It's really slippery on the cobbles and it's hard to keep the bike upright as I said I took a dive into the floor and couldnt get back in it was that slippery the wet and moss on the cobbles just have you skating down Line your on ice skates ...as I said just be wary of it ... you can't miss it you come down a no through road and hit a cobbled road going down hill .....
mancunian?

Post by mancunian? »

hello Mike I think doldram lane is tarmac and you have gone down longley lane then on to lane bottom which are both slippery cobbles and were took out before publishing the route for the very reason you state (I did the same when surveying the suggested route).
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

mancunian? wrote: ↑Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:14 am hello Mike I think doldram lane is tarmac and you have gone down longley lane then on to lane bottom which are both slippery cobbles and were took out before publishing the route for the very reason you state (I did the same when surveying the suggested route).
it is new Longley lane were the route starts your right but as you get down new longley lane were the cobbles start it turns to doldram lane and then we're they finish it goes back on to longely lane at the bottom of the cobbles near the farm ... when I started on the route it hadn't been updated I did get in touch with them on another group and have since sugessted other changes which have been updated also as I have had issues with farmers etc locking there gates and complaining about the route so it as been changed also at sandy lane as it now goes around there farm wall instead of through there farm as this was an ongoing issue with the farmer and the local authorities and as been in the local paper many times about the issue of the lane ... to be fair there are other cobbled roads like this along the route but they all were o.k even in the wet it's almost like the farmers around that area put something down to make it really slippery as they have many homemade signs up telling you not to follow the sat nav route and go another way around. Maybe it's just me thinking like this and I am wrong in doing so but does seem a little to slippy for the surface it is ...

Return to β€œADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”