Uk t.e.t trans euro trail changes

Bikers and riding
mancunian?

Re: Uk t.e.t trans euro trail changes

Post by mancunian? »

Yes your right Mike there are some cobbles as it changes to doldram lane, I thought you may have gone the original route nearby which is absolutely lethal even in high summer, my mistake :?
Attachments
This is the original route longley lane not new longley lane
This is the original route longley lane not new longley lane
IMG_6572.PNG (1.36 MiB) Viewed 1727 times
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

That looks the same as doldrham lane anyway just doesn't look covered as much in slime and wet and that is the same lethal. it was that bad I went down within 3 metres of the cobbles and as I was going down hill and not up I couldn't even try going in the opposite direction so had to ice skate with the bike over to the wall and use the wall as a proper for the bike so the wheels couldn't slide out anymore so the bike was at 45 degree angle all way down with the wheels riding along the wall and me ice skating down in my boots and to top it off a land rover decided to try coming up seen me and reversed back down and went another way ... o it was fun can honestly say I've never been skating with a bike before ha ha
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .
dan66

Post by dan66 »

Peak District.

Hi,

I see the 'Broken Road' at Mam Tor is still in the new route. It's ok to ride that downhill (south to north) but up hill (north to south) the gate at the bottom has a flying motorcycle sign so is TRO'd.

Therefore the route shown is fine if coming from Wales but if travelling from Yorkshire you may want to reverse the route here, travel down the Broken Road and up Winnats Pass. Winnats is far better that way anyhow.

Dan. :D
Mikekitts81

Post by Mikekitts81 »

dan66 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:40 pm Peak District.

Hi,

I see the 'Broken Road' at Mam Tor is still in the new route. It's ok to ride that downhill (south to north) but up hill (north to south) the gate at the bottom has a flying motorcycle sign so is TRO'd.

Therefore the route shown is fine if coming from Wales but if travelling from Yorkshire you may want to reverse the route here, travel down the Broken Road and up Winnats Pass. Winnats is far better that way anyhow.

Dan. :D
Thanks I will keep that in mind I have only been doing the routes closet to my home and driving out in one direction or the other due to time and commitments for work etc but that's good to no as I'll start further down Wales and work my way back up to the peaks when I get a day to my self . :)
All things built not bought . The only way is adventure .

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”