Watch the motorway bridges

Bikers and riding
Dark Knight

Watch the motorway bridges

Post by Dark Knight »

Coming down the M9 today near Stirling, there was a young boy maybe 8 years old, on the motorway bridge, who through a stone at the guy on a sports bike in front of me and I think he hit him.
Phoned the Police on 101 to report the incident, but the police in Scotland do not have a good record on responding to phone reports.
Never seen this sort of thing before.
AustinW

Re: Watch the motorway bridges

Post by AustinW »

it will 20+ years ago but a mate of mine got a huge chunk of paving stone through his windscreen on the M62 near leeds. It landed in the passenger seat. It would have killed the passenger if he had had one. It is complete F***wits who do things like this.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

The sports bike rider was wearing a one piece leather suit, so probably just bounced off him, I do not think he realised where the stone came from.
Maybe just another reason to put the full leather armour on.
hotbulb

Post by hotbulb »

Older "readers" might remember that a taxi driver was killed by a concrete block thrown off a bridge during the miners' strike. He was a friend ... a horrible way to go! (regardless of politics)
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

AustinW wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:55 pm it will 20+ years ago but a mate of mine got a huge chunk of paving stone through his windscreen on the M62 near leeds. It landed in the passenger seat. It would have killed the passenger if he had had one. It is complete F***wits who do things like this.
A guy was killed on the M66 near Edenfield by the same thing about 30 years ago.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

In 2000, a dead fox was thrown through the windscreen of a James Irlam artic from a bridge near Lutterworth.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Sounds horrendous , the only surprise I have ever had on a motorway bridge was on the way up the M5 from Bristol and two young women flashed there tits to all the motorist :o , I always check that bridge now :lol:
Mawsley

Post by Mawsley »

Once, my wife wondered why I pulled into the hard shoulder after we left the ferry at Portsmouth - whatever had been dropped on me broke a toe on my left foot.

I pick a lane not under people these days, but that's hard when you can't see the other side of the bridge.
Africa Twin
Craig-SM

Post by Craig-SM »

Just been on the news of a death on the M11 which they suspect was concrete dropped though the windscreen

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-40885578

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”