Creepy things you've seen while riding

Bikers and riding
Mike101

Re: Creepy things you've seen while riding

Post by Mike101 »

Not happened to me but go a relative of mine. I was with them the night it happened.
While out walking near Leyburn they saw an old aircraft fly along the valley below them. Not being into planes they had a look and carried on but did notice somebody inside waving at them.
This was 15 years ago.
Later that night I was with them and they told me about the very low flying plane they had seen. I asked them to describe it to me. After a while I figured out what they saw and showed them a picture which they said was exactly what they had seen.
It was a Wellington bomber.
There has not been a Wellington in the air since the war.
They went white when I told them this.
Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Well I didn't think I had anything to add to this but the post about the Wellington just sent chills down me. My mate Tony and I were just at the top of Garwen fawr climb on our dirt bikes and we were having a break as the climb is challenging. It was also a misty day and all of a sudden this massive bomber flew out the mist really low, very low as just above the mountain tops and we could see it very clearly as it wasn't very high above us. Tony said "ooh look a Lancaster" but I know a little about planes so replied "nope it has a single tail so it's most likely Wellington ". Now we often told this story believing it was just a plane nothing else but we both agreed it was very spooky and joked about it being a ghost plane !
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
greenmachine

Post by greenmachine »

My late father was a practical no nonsense sort of chap and spent much of his career involved with old buildings, he never felt, heard or experienced anything odd in all those years, though he told me several times about an evening in the mid 50's riding his very unreliable motorbike home from work and it conked out on a quiet lane near Edgehill, site of the civil war battle.... He was knelt down fiddling with the bike and heard the clip clop of a horse coming along the lane, he ignored it as he was busy, and it got closer and passed right by him..... He looked up to acknowledge the rider but there was nothing there, the lane was empty as far as the eye could see. Needless to say he hastily fixes the bike and sped home!
The funny thing is that I know two other people who have had ghostly horse experiences in the same area, again both practical and level headed people. Odd!
Bryn

Post by Bryn »

redbikejohn wrote:Well I didn't think I had anything to add to this but the post about the Wellington just sent chills down me. My mate Tony and I were just at the top of Garwen fawr climb on our dirt bikes and we were having a break as the climb is challenging. It was also I misty day and all of a sudden this massive bomber flew out the mist really low, very low as just above the mountain tops and we could see it very clearly as it wasn't very high above us. Don't said "ooh low a Lancaster" but I know I little about planes so replied "nope it has a single tail so it's most likely Wellington ". Now we often told this story believing it was just a plane nothing else but we both agreed it was very spooky and joked about it being a ghost plane
Crazy. Maybe there's a rogue pilot out there who's secretly flying Wellingtons around.

Have you ever heard of stone tape theory? It all sounds a bit kooky, but the basic gist of it is that environments retain energy imprints of high-energy events that have happened in them (such as murder etc.), and then replay them. For instance, you hear of 'ghosts' that do the same thing every night, whether that be look out of a window or walk down a certain corridor, and the theory is that these are merely energy recordings.

Now, if we look at the two Wellington sightings you guys posted, it actually gets quite spooky. Redbikejohn, you were riding in the Brecon Beacons, right? Well there are over 30 different crash sites in the area, including those of Wellington bombers from the war.

Mike101, your mate was walking near Leyburn when he saw his. Back in 1943, a Wellington with a Polish crew took off from Skipton on Swale, just a few miles east of Leyburn, and crashed during its training mission in the area.

Both high tension events, and on both occasions the planes would be flying super low.

Or perhaps it's all bull :lol:
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

I was visiting a museum recently and looking at some pictures of ww2 planes I suddenly realised it had to be a Stirling as it had four engines...... and there are none flying anymore!
I brought up the subject with my mate a few days after posting the above and he said "oh so I didn't dream that then" ? "I've told guys at work about it (he works at Heathrow) and they said it was impossible so I thought I dreamt it" . Well unless both of us knocked ourselves out on the way up we saw a ghost bomber.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”