Hard luggage Insurance

Bikers and riding
Rondini

Hard luggage Insurance

Post by Rondini »

I've just renewed my bike insurance ,I informing the insurer that I've fitted hard luggage boxes onto the bike , paid my money and assumed all was ok. My brother followed suit and used the same insurer ,he asked for the same luggage cover whereupon was told it's only covered up to £100. As we are all aware frames and boxes can be expensive.( ie:- lets say touratech 2 boxes and frames )
Does anybody know what insurance company covers your boxes?
scurrell

Re: Hard luggage Insurance

Post by scurrell »

Mine are covered with ebikeinsurance.
"It was only the beer talking, but what it said made perfect sense..."

davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Same as Scurrell , ebike
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

:sick: Cheers Guys ,once bitten twice shy.
Do Not use Dial Direct
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Just had EBikeinsurance ring me , we had a conversation they do NOT cover add on luggage such as Touratech etc , GPS or Intercoms. 10/8/11 4.30pm
Rondini

Post by Rondini »

Brothers just contacted Carol Nash they told him luggage up to £100 .
TDMTAM

Post by TDMTAM »

My Insurance co. MCE told me they would cover the bike with my Yamaha panniers & top box but would not cover the panniers or top box, only pay out for market value. So I guess I will be changing insurance next year. If you have a accident & it was someone else's fault I dare say you can claim for them through your uninsured losses.
TAM
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

Rondini wrote:Just had EBikeinsurance ring me , we had a conversation they do NOT cover add on luggage such as Touratech etc , GPS or Intercoms. 10/8/11 4.30pm
Thats a bit of a surprise :huh: as its down on my policy for "luggage up to value of £ 1 k " which is one of the main reasons I`ve stuck with them for a 3rd year .
davecopland

Post by davecopland »

I should maybe have mentioned it`s bike specific Honda luggage which might make some sort of a difference :blink:
Norm De Plume

Post by Norm De Plume »

That's interesting about Carole Nash as they have always stated that they cover my panniers as a modification.

One thing that might help in my case is that my panniers bolt onto the frames and could be regarded as a 'permanent' fitting. This is something that I have discussed with them in the past to decide what is and isn't covered - my satnav mount is covered but my satnav isn't.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”