New shell policy

Bikers and riding
gspod

New shell policy

Post by gspod »

Stopped off for fuel on way home tonight and garage attendant told me that Shell's new policy was that bikers cannot sit on their bikes whilst fuelling but helmets are no longer required to be removed
-Ralph-

New shell policy

Post by -Ralph- »

Won't be using shell then

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
650ginge

Re: New shell policy

Post by 650ginge »

Really because of a rule intended to protect you.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Well i now get off my bike to fill up, as once i was sitting on it filling it up watching the price on the pump thinking it would cut off when full, and then over the tanoy 'pump number 3 look at what youre doing' then they cut the fuel off from the kiosk you guessed it,it was pissing out of the cap and running all over the bike!!!! As i also had my helmet on i couldnt hear it splashing on the floor! Luckily no fireball ensued,and i did think that if it had i would have gone up in flames, so lesson learned for my stupidity i guess so to me the no sitting while filling rule seems sensible.
Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Is getting off your bike a big issue ? its not like your racing at the IOM TT .
Don't think i have ever tried doing still sat on the bike please enlighten me to the benefits.
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Benson-1215 wrote:Is getting off your bike a big issue ? its not like your racing at the IOM TT .
Don't think i have ever tried doing still sat on the bike please enlighten me to the benefits.
If you've only got a side stand and the tank cap is in the centre of the tank it's difficult to fill up to the top - you have to sort of hold the bike upright with one hand whilst operating the pump with the other. Not ideal
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I reccon you get another 250ml in when bike upright :whistle: ...and spilt petrol over your gonads aint good,it actually burns skin :pinch: ...not to mention as has been said huge risk of a fireball.

Maybe the fit young lady attendent would like to inspect my helmet :woohoo: :kiss:
bowber

Post by bowber »

Emf#53 wrote:
If you've only got a side stand and the tank cap is in the centre of the tank it's difficult to fill up to the top - you have to sort of hold the bike upright with one hand whilst operating the pump with the other. Not ideal
I've used trail bikes my whole adult life and not once have I missed the extra milligram of fuel I'd be able to get in if the was upright.

Steve
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

You have to get off the bike to pay for the fuel, whats the problem ? :S
I have an enduro with a side stand, I'm a short arse, I don't find it a problem with fuelling
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Tyrant68 wrote:You havevto get off the bike to pay for thevfuel, whats the problem ? :S
I have an enduro with a side stand, I'm a short arse, I don't find it a problem with fuelling
I was just about to say there is a good chance you have to get off the yoke anyway to pay.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”