Returning to the fold!

Bikers and riding
V-Rider

Returning to the fold!

Post by V-Rider »

Hi all,

After a stint since selling my Versys on a ZX9R and then a ZZR1400, I've slowly watched my social circle of friends that I ride with dwindle away and, while I do stay in touch with them the weekend ride somewhere for the hell of it is now non existent.

I've decided to pack in the beastly ZZR and return to the adventure fold because frankly, the best biking times I've had were when I had my Versys, attending the South Coast Simmer and midlands meets, meeting new friends, eating BBQ food round a fire, chatting the night away. B)

So, you may ask, what steed have I purchased? It's affiliated with a brand synonymous with the colour 'Orange', but the bike isn't orange in the slightest!

It's a black and silver KTM 950 adventure on an '05 plate. It does need a little TLC as the left tank paint is peeling so will either look to rub it back and paint it up or vinyl wrap it (though I need to do more research as to how vinyl wrap will react to a plastic tank). Spokes are a little rusty so will look to sort those. Whole raft of upgrades planned to sort known issues and preventative maintenance to be carried out, as well as fabricating panniers from some ammo boxes (I cant remember who did this on their transalp on here but you sir are a genius!). :woohoo:

So I'm left with one final thought, what do I do with my forum name?! :silly: :silly:
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
AdventureDisco

Re: Returning to the fold!

Post by AdventureDisco »

Welcome back, and good choice of steed! I myself enjoy the benefits of a KTM 950S among others, and enjoy the mix of riding that can be achieved with such a great bike. Will you be attending the Malvern Hills rally? It's a great weekend with a great camping spot attached to a Pub! Plenty of names already on the list, would be good to see another ktm.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

I'll have to look at the dates and what my shift pattern is like and get back to you on that one! I haven't checked out my camping gear in a while so I'll have to see what is in order (or isn't as the case may be) and get replacements etc.
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Have a look here loads of info for the bikr
http://www.ktmforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Also check out crispy designs for graphics.

(thumbs)
Great bikes by the way, had mine nearly 3 year now. Cant see me changing any time soon.

Leave your forum name just change your avatar to something more appropriate (thumbs)
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

VersysRider wrote:Hi all,

So I'm left with one final thought, what do I do with my forum name?! :silly: :silly:
Welcome back mate, pencil in the Midlands meet, late July.

You could change to V-rider,pm me if you want to change, easily done.
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
micksea

Post by micksea »

adventure is nothing to do with the bike you ride its a part of you,so in reality you never left,you just wandered off for a bit to have a look about (thumbs)
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Very true indeed. :)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Too true to all of the above. But if I may be so bold - if you can get put fuel supply sorted come to a HISS event, maybe the Big Tread in September ...

Just a very quick sneak preview; the Big Tread trails are in red with waypoints for when they coincide to the Challenge trails - these are usually serious trails but if you must ...

Regs

Simon
BTW - the Big Tread territory includes the Challenge territory in its entirety, but is about three times as big. The challenge trails are, er, challenging ... there are a few gaps to fill in this section of the map but not many!

A badass river crossing:

A badass ravine:

A badas summit:

Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Certainly looks like quite the adventure!

I'll have to check dates etc but my shifts / job mean I am unable to easily book holiday unfortunately.

The bike has now been purchased! Pictures to follow in daylight tomorrow! :)
sid.

Post by sid. »

Good choice of bike, had mine since last april and loving it, same colour as well( apparently faster). Mine was tatty also and have bubbles in the left hand tank. Just got the mechanical issues sorted, and going to address the tank bubbles next, been reading up on this problem and might try this route- http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/r ... 482/page-2. Orignal decal kit is about £150. Cheers sid.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”