Not retail price no free gift WTF

Bikers and riding
Frog

Re: Not retail price no free gift WTF

Post by Frog »

Mike54 wrote:Businesses exist to make money shocker. Well I never.

Wind your necks in, if the business don't make money, there is no business for you to buy from, simple as that. UK pricing is keen as it is, stop moaning about bloody discount.
SO, who's popping down to Mikes shop then?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I suppose it depends where you hand over your cash. When I bought my Arai RX7GP, I asked for his best price, then asked if he would give me a trade-in discount. In exchange for an old AGV which cost me £30 when new, they knocked off £100. I then asked about freebies, and he said he could discount some accessories. So I asked if he could throw them into the deal if I bought some Sidi boots, so he threw in an Arai padded helmet bag, a clear pinlock insert and an Arai beanie.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

Wind your necks in, if the business don't make money, there is no business for you to buy from, simple as that. UK pricing is keen as it is, stop moaning about bloody discount.
You haven't a clue :whistle:

Next your be telling us to buy local even if it's paying more for your goods, if a business can't match other business pricing then there going to go out of business, simple (thumbs)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who will support business that can't offer competitive pricing. My business has to (thumbs)

There you go a business lesson for you and thats free :laugh:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Do you guys ask for a free gift when you go shopping at Tesco or expect a free packet of peanuts if you buy a round in a pub?
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

AndyB wrote:Do you guys ask for a free gift when you go shopping at Tesco or expect a free packet of peanuts if you buy a round in a pub?
Tesco do points that we use for the tunnel & 2 for 1 offers
Not so much on the drinks but lots of offers on food in pubs

So yes (thumbs)
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

It's no bloody good asking for freebies at the end after you have bought the expensive bits...ask for the freebies before the salesperson knows you are going to buy.

There is an art to haggling and being a charmless punter won't get you far.
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

Frog wrote:

SO, who's popping down to Mikes shop then?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I bought all my Nav stuff and tyres from Mike for a rally, it was by far the cheapest I could get it with no gimmicks so err i guess that would be me. (thumbs) (thumbs)

I don't really like him but he has always been good value.
Tourist-Biker

Post by Tourist-Biker »

As someone who runs a business with a good profit, we don't show any loyalty to our suppliers as we can't expect any loyalty form our customs (thumbs)
Bluebird

Post by Bluebird »

I have been running my own flooring business for 27 years now, and agree profit is not a dirty word, we have to make money to survive, discount is limited. But always remember a little good will goes a long, long way.
BigRedUn

Post by BigRedUn »

My wife has a shop, so I understand the need to make a profit.
I just bought a second hand Range Rover, from a main dealer. The tight sods didn't even give me any key rings with the fobs. I won't use them again.
Bottom line is important. No customers through poor service equals no bottom line.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”