Buying new bike

Bikers and riding
sprintster

Re: Buying new bike

Post by sprintster »

SteveW wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:You lot worry too much
+1 if I wanted the bike I'd just give them the cash, that way they know it's sold and you ain't going to pull out of the deal.
If you've got a good discount it's probably because they wanted the deal before the end of the month....what's your problem with that....everyone's a winner.
The problem I would have with that is the salesman is trying to move the goalposts after the deposit has been taken.If they were offering a big discount to get the transaction completed before the end of the month they should have said so at the time instead of phoning up later with bullshit stories about not being able to tax the bike on Sunday.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

^...I agree with that. They should have told you when you did the deal
a). when they wanted the money and b). on what date the bike would be registered.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

I too think you lot worry to much. However, there should be no reason why you can't pay on collection and for them to register and tax the bike online Once they've been paid.
They probably prefer that all of this is sorted before you get there to speed up hand over.

As for bonus payments. Yamaha pay on registrations, not on the fact that the unit has been paid for. Otherwise how do pre-reg deals work? A punter hasn't paid at time of registration.

And as for losing a months tax.........come on, really.
The guys getting a deal!!

Anyway, why doesn't the OP speak to the dealership for some reassurance. I'm sure everything will be explained, will be fine, will be great.
And the Super Ten will be superb, just like the old one.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

SteveW wrote:
johnnyboxer wrote:You lot worry too much
+1 if I wanted the bike I'd just give them the cash, that way they know it's sold and you ain't going to pull out of the deal.
If you've got a good discount it's probably because they wanted the deal before the end of the month....what's your problem with that....everyone's a winner.
Spot on Steve

I have got a huge discount on a new truck, registered as a demo but stuck in a compound for 3 months and not available until after 1/10 or the discount from Toyota goes west

Paid a £500 deposit in Aug for it, via Credit Card knowing I couldn't have it for 2 months hence

Those are the terms, so paid in full today and it will be taxed on Monday and I collect then

Normal business, what's the problem?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

There's no problem for you JB because you knew the deal before agreeing to it but for the OP it is something that has been sprung on him so naturally he is concerned. Pay now and he is only going to worry about finding the doors locked on collection day so why do it.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Tonibe63 wrote:There's no problem for you JB because you knew the deal before agreeing to it but for the OP it is something that has been sprung on him so naturally he is concerned. Pay now and he is only going to worry about finding the doors locked on collection day so why do it.
Exactly! Those were the terms you agreed but they weren't the terms the OP agreed.That and the fact the salesman blatantly lied about taxing the bike would piss me off.I wouldn't back out of the sale because I'm sure I would be wanting the bike too much this weekend but I wouldn't be using them again for servicing or my next purchase.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

sprintster wrote:
Tonibe63 wrote:There's no problem for you JB because you knew the deal before agreeing to it but for the OP it is something that has been sprung on him so naturally he is concerned. Pay now and he is only going to worry about finding the doors locked on collection day so why do it.
Exactly! Those were the terms you agreed but they weren't the terms the OP agreed.That and the fact the salesman blatantly lied about taxing the bike would piss me off.I wouldn't back out of the sale because I'm sure I would be wanting the bike too much this weekend but I wouldn't be using them again for servicing or my next purchase.
Where does it say that he 'blatantly lied' about the tax.
As I said before, I understand the OP position, especially if he's been burnt before.
But not every salesperson or dealership is out to rip you off.
From there side, maybe they don't want to register a bike before it's been paid for.
I know how much agg it is to de register a bike if the purchaser doesn't go through with the deal.
once the OP has spoken to the dealership and explained his fears I'm sure that they will try and accommodate.
They want to sell the bike, they want him to be happy, they want him to come back, they want him to recommend them.
They will probably try and help. But stay calm and be polite.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

OnHellas wrote:
sprintster wrote:
Where does it say that he 'blatantly lied' about the tax.
As I said before, I understand the OP position, especially if he's been burnt before.
But not every salesperson or dealership is out to rip you off.
From there side, maybe they don't want to register a bike before it's been paid for.
I know how much agg it is to de register a bike if the purchaser doesn't go through with the deal.
once the OP has spoken to the dealership and explained his fears I'm sure that they will try and accommodate.
They want to sell the bike, they want him to be happy, they want him to come back, they want him to recommend them.
They will probably try and help. But stay calm and be polite.
Ok,granted the salesman might not have "blatantly lied" he just failed to mention that the bike could be taxed after the balance was paid on Sunday.He should maybe try politics instead of bike sales!
Why does the bike have to be registered and taxed before Sunday? What's wrong with sorting out the paperwork after the OP is happy with the deal when he has seen the bike and the dealer has seen his for the trade in? :unsure:
Redsoul

Post by Redsoul »

Thanks for all the input....like some people have mentioned I made a deal with the dealer and agreed so put down a deposit.I was then lied to,saying because it's a Sunday they can't tax bike unless I pay full price upfront..do they think I am fecking stupid lol.....I get 2 salesman phoning me up doing the good cop,bad cop routine..fecking idiots.
Then the bad cop finally tells me that my deposit is small and will not tax bike until I pay more money first...so I told him we have a deal,you either stick by it or we walk away.......the guy set my alarm bells ringing big time especially after reading reviews about dealership and his name mentioned as a con artist
trophydave

Post by trophydave »

Can you not tax a bike online on a Sunday??Tell them to poke it,get your deposit back and buy a bike elsewhere.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”