Thieving scum

Bikers and riding
Big Red

Thieving scum

Post by Big Red »

Hi all. If anyone's in or around the Granton area of Edinburgh would you please keep an eye open for a light blue Bmw f650cs. Mine was stolen from outside work while I was on a training course. Im assuming it was a spur of the moment theft because it never parks there.
Big Red

Re: Thieving scum

Post by Big Red »

Forgot to say it was wearing hepco and becker top box and panniers. Also it has Royal Enfield chrome handlebars
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Scum indeed! Hope you get something sorted asap and nasty things happen to the scum!
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Embra is getting itself a reputation as a bike theft hotspot, with a recent story of a German registered speed triple that was stolen & being hooned around Bingham Medway

The story did the rounds on BCF with one of the members providing the photos
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

Sorry to hear this. As above Edinburgh is a nightmare for bike thefts at the moment, if you are on the Facebook I suggest you join the 'Scotland Bikers Against Crime' group and post it there. There has been a few sightings of stolen bikes posted on there.

Here is a link to the group however as it's a closed group you will need to click join and wait to be accepted.
Big Red

Post by Big Red »

Well apparently my bike has been recovered and is at Corstorphine police station. Im now waiting for a phone call from them so I can find out more about it. I wonder what condition its in????
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

are these pics taken whilst the bike has been nicked, if so just wondering why the scum is still breathing

steve
johnnyboxer

Thieving scum

Post by johnnyboxer »

Big Red wrote:Well apparently my bike has been recovered and is at Corstorphine police station. Im now waiting for a phone call from them so I can find out more about it. I wonder what condition its in????
There was a 1150 GS on ukgser last week

They burnt it out

Hope yours is not that bad
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

This seems to be a bit of a trend, my CCM was stolen in Bristol, ragged around one of the local estates, film was taken from the bike of it being ridden, then dumped a few days later .

Recovered in reasonable condition, mainly cosmetic damage, bike went back to the factory to be checked over.

Police have the video of it being ridden, seem to be attempting to build a case

Hopefully in your case they didn't burn it out.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

because it's only theft if they never intend to give it back, so if I take your bike and ride it around then leave it somewhere it can be found and returned and if I get my collar felt I can argue that it was not a theft but a TWOC, "taking without owners consent" a lesser charge carrying a 2p fine and a holiday in the Carribean (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”