speed cameras

Bikers and riding
ollydog

speed cameras

Post by ollydog »

has anyone else noticed on the m6 around stafford in the road works the average speed cameras are rear facing, be ware

steve
Philiptigerrice

Re: speed cameras

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I've wondered about that on the M62 / M60, the cameras only face the front of vehicles :whistle:
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

someone was telling me the other day that if you change lanes between sets of camera's they can't do you as the camera's/software can't handle it, not sure myself :whistle:

if you get chance to speed on the M6 around that area then your doing really well

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Redmurty wrote:someone was telling me the other day that if you change lanes between sets of camera's they can't do you as the camera's/software can't handle it, not sure myself :whistle:

if you get chance to speed on the M6 around that area then your doing really well

cheers Spud ;)
That was on Topgear a few years ago, I think they changed it not long after.

I did an advanced driving course a few years ago and the instructor told me that those 50mph average traps never convict as long as you are under 62mph, I tested it for a whole year and it appeared true....
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

the ones that make me laugh are the was that shoot passed you then brake hard for the cameras ;)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Brenhden wrote:
I did an advanced driving course a few years ago and the instructor told me that those 50mph average traps never convict as long as you are under 62mph, I tested it for a whole year and it appeared true....
Until you got caught :laugh:
one-legged adventurer
skipper

Post by skipper »

as most of you will know the speed limit in a van is 10mph lower on most roads - can the cams tell what class of vehicle they are snapping.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

In the car, I tend to sit with it on Cruise Control in the inside lane at 55mph, in those 50mph zones.

I've seen a few bumps around the M60 area, over the last year or two, where cars have all bunched up, bunched up, and bunched up a bit more - all moving like sardines on mass predominantly in lanes 1 and 2- and then one person taps the brakes - and crack - concertina bender fenders...

:S
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

skipper wrote:as most of you will know the speed limit in a van is 10mph lower on most roads - can the cams tell what class of vehicle they are snapping.
The camera can't but the Police staff can, when they tally it against DVLA records

Mobile Camera Vans do it that way
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

skipper wrote:as most of you will know the speed limit in a van is 10mph lower on most roads - can the cams tell what class of vehicle they are snapping.
On a motorway the speed limit is the same for vans as cars. It's only National speed limit Dual and single carriage ways that are reduced.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”