ICE Myths etc

Bikers and riding
Mike54

ICE Myths etc

Post by Mike54 »

Just spent a pleasant couple of hours with Lancashire Constabulary Motorcyle Riders. They're promoting a scheme called CERQL - www.cerql.co.uk

This is an ID system whereby you put a small sticker on your lid which has an identifier and a QR code which paramedics can scan in the event of a drama. You register and put in your details, get your stickers and that's it. it's £1.50, though the police are giving them away if you see them out and about on bikes.

You can put any info you want, and upload files too if required. So sensible stuff would be identifier, next of kin, allergies, blood type, medication etc.

They are saying that ALL paramedics are now carrying a scanner in order to read this and that they're being promoted to a number of user groups. Also said was:

Forget ICE details on you phone - if it has a security PIN of any kind its a waste of space

Forget putting bits of paper in a pocket with the blue cross symbol on it, it'll be ignored

Medical bracelets are looked for, as are medical dog tags

but thats pretty much it, nothing else, and definitely not tattoos either

Forget a card in your wallet, they're not allowed to look in it (police are but that can take time)

Police will not contact anyone at the address your bike is registered so in the event of a drama, dont expect someone to knock on the door or ring your house anytime soon
AndyB

Re: ICE Myths etc

Post by AndyB »

Is this just a UK based thing or is it likely to be rolled out in other countries?
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I asked the same question - they didn't know. I just had a look at the website and cant see anything about overeas so I'm guessing not.

But I did see a list of where the stickers / registration is available for free, its in the "news" section on their website.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The website says you can duplicate the info in other languages which is a start but it'd be nice if other countries had the wherewithal to read the information.
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

on an i phone there is an health app, you can put contact and personal details in this, blood group, allergies etc. This can be accessed by pressing the emergency tab on the pin code access screen and then pressing medical id, the access code does not need to be known.h
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

In my view this is more than just about bikers ita any road user, cyclists,cars,lorries etc...if it helps the emergency service its ace...as long as folks keep details upto date with medication etc...
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

Jinna wrote:on an i phone there is an health app, you can put contact and personal details in this, blood group, allergies etc. This can be accessed by pressing the emergency tab on the pin code access screen and then pressing medical id, the access code does not need to be known.h
Ok I'll try to be clearer about what they said - they will not check your phone. At all.
mawse

Post by mawse »

Also....

Tap4ICE ID www.tap4iceid.co.uk

and

MEkey ICE ID tags www.mekeyicetag.com
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

Mike54 wrote: Ok I'll try to be clearer about what they said - they will not check your phone. At all.
Were they just as patronising when they gave the information?
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

One downfall is those people who do go for paying one year but not keep up for whatever reason, the subscription for the service
Information updates, first upload FREE

The webpage storing personal details can be updated at any time. Updates are 99p to change all or part of the information stored.

Data storage

Storage of details lasts for 12 months from registration. This can be extended for 99p per year.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”