How old are we. Poll.

Bikers and riding
AT Dan

Re: How old are we. Poll.

Post by AT Dan »

I'm 73 and enjoying biking as much as I ever have. Just waiting for delivery of a new Honda Africa Twin, my first venture into Adventure riding.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Good for you AT Dan,I hope I'm still enjoying biking at 73 even if it's on a maxi scooter! Welcome along. (thumbs)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

62 and been riding since I was 16.
Started trail riding at 55 so never going to be much cop at it.
Honeymoon was a camping trip to Germany with best man and his girlfriend.
First big trip other than Britain and Europe was Blazing Trails Himalayan Foothills trip on Enfields in 2013.
Current bikes Triumph Trophy, KTM 950 SM and 490 EXC but the KTM's are About to be replaced with a 690 Enduro.
Will keep riding until I'm told I can't do it any more.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
tefflon

Post by tefflon »

We just turned 60 in September and enjoying every day but feeling like an 18 year old but no one will let me have one but it was worth a try lol
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

As a 50 year old I fall into two groups but have never felt the need to dress like a power ranger or ride an R1. I have owned over 50 bikes and ridden countless more. I think I have ridden over a million miles, although it is hard to tell cos most of the time the speedo wasn't working officer. Still the best part of my working day is the ride home in the evening.
This summer we had a family holiday in Austria and whilst my wife,younger children and other family members made there way there by other means I had the privilege of riding there are back, via the Stelvio pass with my oldest son.
If I were on desert island discs and they asked me what luxury I wanted it would be a motorbike.
I know quite a few motorcyclists who are still riding in their late eighties and some in their nineties. I fully intend, health permitting to do the same and definitely intend to grow old disgracefully.
Cheers Jak
videoman

Post by videoman »

56 years old now and have been riding bikes since since early eighties but as I about to pack in my business hopefully I will clock up many more miles doing what I want to do!
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

DavidS wrote: Honeymoon was a camping trip to Germany with best man and his girlfriend.
I presume you took the wife as well!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

ChasF wrote:
DavidS wrote: Honeymoon was a camping trip to Germany with best man and his girlfriend.
I presume you took the wife as well!
I sort of felt obliged to.
Great risk taking to 70's Triumphs but we survived it....just.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Archie

Post by Archie »

63 it's just a number.
Don't go where the path leads, 'Go where there is no path..! and leave a trail for others to follow'
Northumbrian

Post by Northumbrian »

58 in 2 weeks, Retired at 55 then started work again ?!?.... only 3 (flexible)days a week tho, and i enjoy it, bit of industrial tourism included (working abroad) extra income helps pay for toys and holidays.
Both lads left home now,1 into motorbikes the other into mountainbikes so that works well.
Problem is, i still try to do things i did 30 years ago (probably why i am grounded for 6 weeks with my ankle in plaster!)
2919 CRF 250 Rally
2019 CRF 1000 Africa Twin

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”