Bike Tours For The Wounded

Bikers and riding
zimtim

Bike Tours For The Wounded

Post by zimtim »

A friend sent me this link,
i know there are a few ex and possibly still serving members of the armed forces on here and I just thought that some of you may be interested in this

http://www.biketoursforthewounded.co.uk/
92kk k100lt 193214

Re: Bike Tours For The Wounded

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Hey that's a good link and maybe something for some of us to offer our time on.

I have been involved in something similar for sailing and to be honest it was incredibly enjoyable for those involved to see the difference the efforts can make.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

I was alerted to this a while back..well worth at least a bump.
Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Keep an eye on their web site they run some good fund raising events.

This post made me look back on an old post of mine where I rode to Wales to take part in a Zip slide challange to raise funds for them for them.

Bike Tours for the Wounded Zip slide 2014
Selous

Post by Selous »

Hi I know a number of guys from Armed Forces Bikers,(a FB group who raise ££) for ex serving most are 1 civ div some are ex forces.
some of them contacted this group they have a FB page too Who don't!!!!
no reply I sent a e-mail to them as well interested as A ex green machine & B experienced rider with pillion never got a reply.
A great idea but may of over reached it self with the amount of intrest.

I know of a guy who has a Barge he takes guys & girls out for day trips to help out, all self funding too

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

I saw that too on Facebook and actually managed to contact them and speak to a guy.
They do tours to Normandy (which I been to 3 or 4 times before) with wounded soldiers. I told them that I was very interested, willing to take leave,pay my own fuel and train crossing as well pay for my own camping. The idea to help service man and woman like that I thought was brilliant.
Till I was told it would cost me I think around £600 for a week on top of all the other costs
Now offering my time and bike I don't have a problem with,paying for my own stuff also no problem. But to pay that much over the top to cover their costs was a bit much for me so I didn't go any further.
It's a real shame,even this is not my country of birth I was more than happy to do that for the wounded service man.
They might want to have another look into the way they finance things
Pete
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
Ourdavid

Post by Ourdavid »

I have done much the same and come away feeling much the same. I do however have a friend who has been with them more than once and found it very fulfilling.

Bike tours for the wounded are a not for profit company, however they use Blue Cucumber Tours Limited as their tour operator who are a commercial for profit company.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”