This forum

Bikers and riding
Brenhden

Re: This forum

Post by Brenhden »

mark1150 wrote:
Very brave calling me names form the other end of a keyboard, call it to me face to face
and you'll need a fucking douche bag.

BTW It wasn't you who was called a racist was it, so hold your fucking tongue.
Goodness me. I'm sure if we were all face to face then we would all act as the open minded, tolerant individuals that all the ABR members I've met are. Maybe my comparison between the good people of this site and standard internet (which is a bunch of DBs) was not separated far enough so that you wouldn't take it personally.

In terms of being accused of racism I have no idea of the context of that as I was only talking about this thread. The two things are not linked.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Brenhden wrote:
mark1150 wrote:
Very brave calling me names form the other end of a keyboard, call it to me face to face

Goodness me. I'm sure if we were all face to face then we would all act as the open minded, tolerant individuals that all the ABR members I've met are. Maybe my comparison between the good people of this site and standard internet (which is a bunch of DBs) was not separated far enough so that you wouldn't take it personally.

In terms of being accused of racism I have no idea of the context of that as I was only talking about this thread. The two things are not linked.
How could you expect me not to take it as I have when your previous post reads thus.....
I didn't mean you, I meant Mark and the folk who cheered for him. This was written in the context of the being read by the forum and not by an individual, I should have put a paragraph break in there. Ha. This is perfect example of my point. Sorry dude.

And as for the two things being linked, they became linked the moment Moto Ale called me a racist in the Forth Road Bridge thread.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

He's called me plenty of things but I just ignore it or suggest he takes a pill.

Actually I'd probably get more annoyed at being called a racist than a twat because I know I'm one and not the other (thumbs)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Page 4.....

Sure I saw a picture like this a few pages ago.
image_2015-12-08.jpeg
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

mark1150 wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
mark1150 wrote:

How could you expect me not to take it as I have when your previous post reads thus.....
I didn't mean you, I meant Mark and the folk who cheered for him. This was written in the context of the being read by the forum and not by an individual, I should have put a paragraph break in there. Ha. This is perfect example of my point. Sorry dude.

And as for the two things being linked, they became linked the moment Moto Ale called me a racist in the Forth Road Bridge thread.
Fair point, I guess this exactly what I was talking about when I said what you write is not the same as what you read. I can't believe that's just happened.

From the context of this public thread it appeared that Al was upset and you just pounced on him to prove him wrong for no reason. Especially odd as you two are listed as friends on this forum. I've not read the thread on the Forth bridge and it has not been referenced until now so without referencing any of that you can see how the exchange could be interpreted.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Brenhden wrote:
mark1150 wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
mark1150 wrote:

Fair point, I guess this exactly what I was talking about when I said what you write is not the same as what you read. I can't believe that's just happened.

From the context of this public thread it appeared that Al was upset and you just pounced on him to prove him wrong for no reason. Especially odd as you two are listed as friends on this forum. I've not read the thread on the Forth bridge and it has not been referenced until now so without referencing any of that you can see how the exchange could be interpreted.
I really can believe its just happened tbf mate, and not because of the actual content of your posts, just because its the internet.

Mark, seriously mate chill out, Jesus Christ its an internet forum ffs.

Couple of points though dude, basically threatening to fight someone over the internet doesn't make you better or more hard than someone calling you names over the internet, it makes you a dick, and yes before you rage type another reply I would say that to your face (thumbs)

I think you may be using douche bag wrong there, unless your going to give bren a sex change :blink: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/douchebag

If everyone who took what al had to say to heart this forum probably wouldn't have any members.

And as for racist, I didn't think ginger was classified as a race so you can't be racist against the Scots *joke alert for those without a sense of humor *

Now can everyone just chill the fuck out, I know its winter and all but seriously put your handbags away.

Peace hombres B)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Brenhden wrote:
I totally agree, and I am sure this has been said before but what sounds funny when you type isn't always funny when you read. Concepts like irony, sarcasm and satire frequently don't translate on paper in the same way as they do face to face. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.
Gettaway.....! :whistle:

Irony, in case anyone was not sure.. (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveR wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
I totally agree, and I am sure this has been said before but what sounds funny when you type isn't always funny when you read. Concepts like irony, sarcasm and satire frequently don't translate on paper in the same way as they do face to face. I'm as guilty as anyone else of this.

Is this is life imitating art or the other way round?

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
moto al

Post by moto al »

SteveR wrote:
Brenhden wrote:

at least you know me . Steve (thumbs) Al
moto al
Mad Hatter

Post by Mad Hatter »

Well that all escalated, and deescalated quickly :whistle:

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”