Caravaners

Bikers and riding
Richard Simpson

Caravaners

Post by Richard Simpson »

Easter has come and gone and the idiots are out there in force.

I hope that the truck wasn't badly damaged
Wapping

Re: Caravaners

Post by Wapping »

Caravans; owned by people so insecure that they cannot leave their dish mop at home.

Victoria Wood
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

That's funny. I think he forgot he had a caravan on the back.
Caravans are not my bag, but as a motorcyclist I am aware of other peoples prejudices, so I won't condemn another mans interests or hobbies, even if he's a caravanning, born again Christian golfer.
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

SteveW wrote:That's funny. I think he forgot he had a caravan on the back.
Caravans are not my bag, but as a motorcyclist I am aware of other peoples prejudices, so I won't condemn another mans interests or hobbies, even if he's a caravanning, born again Christian golfer.
I agree, to me a caravan would ruin a drive and a camping trip but when its pelting down with rain I do look at them and wonder what if. However, you don't need special training to take one on the road and that seems a bit iffy to me...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

Wapping wrote:Caravans; owned by people so insecure that they cannot leave their dish mop at home.

Victoria Wood
As the owner and user of a car, a caravan, VW Campervan and a couple of motorbikes for many years I would just like to say it is not the type of vehicle in use it is the person, I could say idiot, in charge of it. Good weather is here or coming so we will get more fine weather drivers and riders out in addition to the all year round superior drivers/riders who think they own the road, are invincible and have superhuman skills in the control of a vehicle.
When towing, not as much these days but extensive in the past, I kept aware of those around me especially behind and always indicated or pulled in when safe to allow tailbacks through. There are many similarly trained and considerate towers out there. There are a lot more impatient, selfish, poor drivers/riders out there waiting to try and take you out. Unfortunately they are often the ones that survive. :whistle:
Remember the object is to get there. (thumbs)
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

Brenhden wrote:
SteveW wrote:That's funny. I think he forgot he had a caravan on the back.
I agree, to me a caravan would ruin a drive and a camping trip but when its pelting down with rain I do look at them and wonder what if. However, you don't need special training to take one on the road and that seems a bit iffy to me...
There are courses run by both Caravan Club & Camping & Caravan Club one of which I took before towing. Unfortuneately they are not compulsory though I think the law has changed with regard to some larger Caravans & Motor Homes. Note the 'Homes' bit as opposed to Campervan that are the same as a car or small van to drive.
sid.

Post by sid. »

I'm a trucker driving biker with a car and caravan, and there are idiots in all of the above. Its the person in control not the form of transport.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

This is tough, but I feel I've been living a lie on this thread. It's time to "Out" myself.
image_2015-04-08.jpg
image_2015-04-08.jpg (31.37 KiB) Viewed 1454 times
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Caravans aren't all bad, I can see the attraction - campsite with lovely views and walks

Blown air heating, shower and toilet onboard, cooker etc

Certainly beats sleeping under canvass, in a tent at the same location (thumbs)
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
BikesAndTravels

Post by BikesAndTravels »

Brenhden wrote:
For those taking their car test these last few years, if you wish to tow you DO need to take an additional towing test. Admittedly though most of us with "Grandad" rights can tow with no training whatsoever.
Bikes And Travels

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”