Tramp

Re: Big Bike Rough Roads New Recruits

Post by Tramp »

nowt my hot air gun and my genny cannt sort out....:P

they look really cool well ice cool on my bikeB) B) ...:whistle:
old boots

Post by old boots »

So, does a Dr Big Desert Express count from the S10 group??

Missed the weekend last year due to other commitments. The ride report made me very jealous, they all had a ball, so when it was posted for this year my name went down.

Ive enlisted in the BBBRRRRs, looking forward to doing some recon and getting things organised.

Off down to Devon this weekend to do some research!

Old boots
Pathfinder

"Primi Hastati"

AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

old boots wrote:So, does a Dr Big Desert Express count from the S10 group??

Missed the weekend last year due to other commitments. The ride report made me very jealous, they all had a ball, so when it was posted for this year my name went down.

Ive enlisted in the BBBRRRRs, looking forward to doing some recon and getting things organised.

Off down to Devon this weekend to do some research!

Old boots

You are being pro active -yep
You have the word big in the bike name - yep
You will be riding it too and from 'Rough Roads' ? - yep (not having to use a bike trailer)
Any difference between the rough 200kg weight ? You will have to carry stones in your pockets to bring you up to weight ;)
So - yer in, get organising and clean the space for the sticker
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
old boots

Post by old boots »

TYVM, Roger wilco on the clean space.

Old boots

Looking forward to ~ Wiltshire Green Lanes, ABR South Coast - Off road ride, ABR Midlands - Off road playground and OTT3 We shall fight them on the beaches... S10 Tour, France:) :) :) happy chap!
Pathfinder

"Primi Hastati"

Selous

Post by Selous »

Ok I give up,
Can we all know what the criteria is please? as I am yet to find, the post about this.

BTW I have a Bandit 1250, but not green laneing, only because it is not really the ideal bike for that type of riding

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
AckAckFlack

Post by AckAckFlack »

As I have been asked often what bikes can you ride to be in the group.  I have amended the group description to help.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/hello ... Group.html

This group is basically fun. The idea started from the fact that I have an Africa Twin and for 12 months I joined the TRF but never felt that I felt at home. Most of the bikes were lightweight enduro bike such as the Drz400, the pace was always quicker than my skills would allow and I felt I was holding everyone back. That isn't a criticism of the TRF- they are a great bunch and the group do a lot to stop lanes being closed down.
I observed other people on here with larger bikes such as Gs1150, tigers , Africa twins all getting the bug for getting away from Tarmac. (check out the meet ups for thetford forest and peddlers way on here for a start)
This forum allows the creation of groups- simply likeminded individual loonies ;) so why not a BBRR 

Everyone can join the group it doesn't matter what you ride really as it is an Internet group and as such is words on a screen. When it comes to meeting up however it becomes easier if the ride ups match the expectations and ability of rider and bike- just as I have said the TRF isn't for me and my twin then I don't want people meeting on say a Honda deauville using road Tyres expecting a couple of pot holed Tarmac tracks to feel at odds if the ride was for 2ford crossings and a muddy decent. On the otherhand if that same rider wants to try that ride and is up for it then I will be there to push , pull, help pump water out and have my camera ready to shoot any mishaps.

When organising ride outs for the group it is useful for the organiser to know what sort of bikes , riders and ability is coming so as to arrange the most appropriate trail or tracks- again so no one is felt left out or out of their comfort zone.

To conclude then the Big Bike Rough Road group is a social group for anyone who loves adventure and wants to try their hand on those roads and lanes where you would normally think twice about trying. 
The bike is secondary to the attitude of the rider to the road.

If you are experienced at riding big bikes on rough roads and feel you can organise a meeting and rideouts then shout out and get organising as without this it is only a virtual Internet group.

If you are keen to try your stead for the first time on Rough Roads then again shout out as per above there should be a ride out coming along soon.

This guy needs to join the group.
[video size=100 width=425 height=344 type=youtube]tPTrTocapqE[/video]
Don't you just feel for him!?

Enough ramblings from me- I hate being awake this early :)
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Why not say 600cc plus as that seems to cover most big bikes. ;)
Udders

Post by Udders »

Ah yes, the stella route! Hope you still don't mind a couple of GS's tagging along?
beddowsm

Post by beddowsm »

Udders wrote:Ah yes, the stella route! Hope you still don't mind a couple of GS's tagging along?
Course not. Im hoping the route down swings slightly East to dodge (or minimise) the toll roads. Dont like paying when theres an alternative!!

If you've done the Alps before on bikes drop me a PM with suggested passes / routes to do on the way down. Aim is to reach Switzerland Thursday and then to enjoy a full day on a loop through the Alps taking in a few passes, arriving down in Barc....bla bla bl (cant spell it) Friday evening. Meeting a load more from XRV somewhere in the town Friday night. Some sort of rideout being planned for the Saturday hopefully taking in some local trails......still waiting to find out more. Then the Stella on Sunday.

Will contact you closer to the date to collect (and pass on) contact details and arrange meeting place incase its not obvious on the train!!

Another lad from XRV is joining us as well, so its 2 Africa Twins, 1 990, 1 Alp and 2 GS's. Looking forward to it.
Udders

Post by Udders »

Excellent! I have plotted a route already! It goes slightly east avoiding all tolls too! Skirts France , Belgium , Luxembourg etc....
If I can figure out how to get it off my 660 I'll post it up to see what you think.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”