Which Leatherman?

Bikers and riding
Smokin

Re: Which Leatherman?

Post by Smokin »

The Wave is an excellent tool. I've had mine for probably about 5 years or so now and it's never let me down. The extras you can get seem useful too.
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

+1 for the wave :)
pinball1008

Post by pinball1008 »

If you've a £100 to spend, buy a Motion pro trail tool (+1 extra hex bit for fork clamps etc) for around £60 and reduce your leatherman budget. It'll cover far more eventualities on your DRZ.
Not all those wandering are lost
GB

Post by GB »

Ah, Leathermans, I love em :whistle: Wave is awesome, as is the Charge, surge, super tool well all of them. Not saying I have a fetish for them or anything :blush: I have the Charge with extender bit and extra torx bits etc I need for the GS. Ask yourself what you need on it and there will be one in the range that suits you, or be like me and have lots of them :whistle:
Finally back on a GS :D
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Because I like to cover as many eventualities as possible I take a Leatherman Surge, a Motion Pro trail tool and a Swiss Champ Swiss army knife. I might not be able to fix the bike but I can open any bottle, can or food packet. I can use the magnifying glass on the Swiss Champ to start a fire if there's any sun around and if all else fails I can stab myself with a wide range of weapons to remove the misery of breaking down.

Out of the three I prefer the Swiss Champ as a general purpose tool to carry in the pocket of my tankbag because it just seems to be made better than the Leatherman.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I have the Leatherman Skeletool because I only really use the pliers, knife and flathead & crosspoint screwdrivers. I been meaning to get a bitset for it sometime but haven't got around to it.
Technically you cant really carry a Leatherman at all times because it has a locking blade.
I always carry a Victorinox (Forester) swiss army knife though. With the Leatherman and other tools under my bike seat, most stuff is covered.
GB

Post by GB »

AndyB wrote:
Out of the three I prefer the Swiss Champ as a general purpose tool to carry in the pocket of my tankbag because it just seems to be made better than the Leatherman.
Are you mad!!!! I do like the victorianox range, I have a climber knife myself, but to say they are better made than a Leatherman is blasphemy :laugh:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

GB wrote:
AndyB wrote:
Are you mad!!!! I do like the victorianox range, I have a climber knife myself, but to say they are better made than a Leatherman is blasphemy :laugh:
+1 ban him from the forum :laugh:
The bit set is really handy and I have the extension bar as well with this you can get the bits into difficult places :P
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Nigel wrote:
GB wrote:
AndyB wrote:
+1 ban him from the forum :laugh:
The bit set is really handy and I have the extension bar as well with this you can get the bits into difficult places :P
Any more of that kind of abuse and I'll use my magnifying glass to melt your puny Leatherman (thumbs)
GB

Post by GB »

Not if I crush it with my Crunch :P

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”