Ten weeks into this adventure and I'm bored to death now

Bikers and riding
Carl J

Ten weeks into this adventure and I'm bored to death now

Post by Carl J »

hating the fact that it'll be about another 8 -10 months without being able to get a bike boot on, any suggestions for things I should do to the 1150 GS while it's off the road appreciated :silly: :silly:
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG (64.92 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
Not all who wander are lost.
Jelly

Re: Ten weeks into this adventure and I'm bored to death now

Post by Jelly »

:pinch: what happened there? :pinch:
"The distant echo of faraway voices boarding far away trains,

To take them home to the ones that they love and who love them forever......."
Carl J

Post by Carl J »

I'd like to say something macho and heroic but I stepped out of the loft onto a fixed set of loft ladders that disappeared from under me, fell 10ft onto a concrete floor that exploded my ankle and split my tibia 8" up. The Ilizarov frame allows me to partial weight bear on the leg now but I'm limited to what I can do, and as a guy that is always busy and can't be arsed with TV it is a drudge.......could have been worse I suppose.
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

Get well soon mate think of the good times ahead to get you through :)
Carl J

Post by Carl J »

bike has never been so clean :laugh:

just so frustrating
spasm

Post by spasm »

ouch
i only need one wheel .......... the rear
Gavinskii

Post by Gavinskii »

Hi Carl,

Sorry to learn of your accident.

I am just back and walking (steadily) after an enforced 5 month "break" following rupturing my achilles tendon (twice :pinch: ) Still no riding yet.....

It was really hard for the first 2 months as I was constantly looking for ways to cheat the system and do things that I shouldn't (like go ride my little C90 as it has a "rocker" type" gear changer rather than the traditional lever that I wouldn't be able to get my aircast boot under).

After the re-rupture I realised that I couldn't afford to go back and start the recovery process for a third time so was really good and just got my "fix" by reading blogs and articles on websites and hearing from my mates what they had been up to ( I was supposed to be in Morocco with them in Nov.....). I think some of them were retiscent to speak about the fun they were having in case it pi55ed me off - but living your live vicariously once in a while isn't a bad thing.

With the weather being so crap at the moment and the daylight hours short - you are not missing too much.

Have a speedy recovery.
R1150GS

Montesa 4Ride

KLX 250

Suzuki Beamish

2011 Nature Rally - Bronze Award
Carl J

Post by Carl J »

ooooh oooh a twist and go adventure bike, now I am stimulated. need to look for a italjet dragster and some knobblies :evil:

cheers Gavinskii, I'm a doer not a watcher so things are frustrating but I have some trips planned that I have been able to be meticulous with, silly trips like a UK coast to coast and a bear seeing round trip to Czech Republic. I'll probably have them so well planned that they wont seem like an adventure at all. thankfully it's crap weather this week so I'm not missing to much, gonna try and hitch a lift to a few rallies as and when
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

Sorry to hear mate.
If it makes you feel better you can follow our trip down to the Tauerntreffen. I promise you that you will feel ok in your warm bet and heated accommodation.
I promise we take lots of pics (thumbs)
I dont need a MP3 player on my bike.The voices in my head sing to me all the time
Carl J

Post by Carl J »

deffo following that

cheers

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”