If It Ain't A Harley...

Bikers and riding
bull

Re: If It Ain't A Harley...

Post by bull »

well, them diagnostic don't always tell you whats wrong, so they don't, and that can be a costly problem

I seen and I guess we all have seen mechanics have problems finding a fault because the diagnostic didn't show it, or as has happen in the past, it showed the problem as been something else
fat bob

Post by fat bob »

great thread I got a good laugh out of it . I like all kinds of bikes myself from nsu quickly's /velosolex / cycle masters to y2k's /boss hoss /triumph rocket 3's /Honda rune's and a lot of bikes in between there is also a lot of popular bikes that I wouldn't give a second look at . I own a 1340 cc evo engine Harley Davidson I have owned it for 9 years .

it is a lovely old girl to ride and I don't intend on ever selling it . im not into the whole social aspect of bikeing I have never been to any gathering of any kind on my Harley . the closest I ever got was stoping at a filling station where there was a few Harleys . I started talking to one of them he was sound enough but the rest were snobs flash the cash wankers on the latest trick with a load of naff bolt on chrome that they paid someone to bolt on for them shower of fannys .

I stoped talking to a couple of other Harley riders on bikes that they bought that someone else had customised . I complemented their bikes they never looked at my bike or said a word fucking fannys . I swear I will never bother my bollocks chating with anyone I meet by chance like that agin as I feel its a waste of my time I would rather ride than be judged and sized up and sussed out and asked questions about who I am or where im from or who I know by some twat .

I couldn't give a fuck about them or who they know or where their from . and that goes for all makes and models of bikes . if I see some bike that's not a run of the mill wanting to fit in with the rest of the sheep kind of bike being ridden by someone who don't have the head of a cunt on him I might just say cool bike man let him say thank then I will hit the start button and ride on out of there .

I only ride the Harley Davidson in the summer time but I have another bike I would like to think it was an adventure bike but it cost less that proper adventure bike panniers :laugh: I don't know maybe it a dual sport I don't care really what it called . it an old transalp 600 shes a grand old girl and easy to live with and a lot of fun to ride .

I don't judge people by what they ride , when they ride it ,the weather they ride it in , what they wear when they ride ,or how they ride it once they don't try to ride me or disrespect me I don't give a fuck . I just want to be feared and respected that's not a lot to ask for in life ........... that's just a joke by the way for the record like OK (thumbs)

and I like cars too lovely things to be in on a frosty night when the roads are like glass with the heater on and a few ould tunes on the cd player or going to the beach for the day with my smokeing hot babe and our children to swim and build sand castles and bury each other in the sand and fuck about and laugh and eat chips and ice cream and get a bit of sun on the bones .
appleby

Post by appleby »

Lot of anger going on in there young man ... let it all out! (thumbs)
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

It sounds like you met the Harley Owners Group (HOG). "Giving Harley ownership a bad name since 1984."
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Tourider wrote:It sounds like you met the Harley Owners Group (HOG). "Giving Harley ownership a bad name since 1984."
I'm sorry but anyone riding around wearing a jacket with Road Captain on their back needs some serious therapy.

When I bought my Harley back in 1990 the dealer tried to get me to join my local Pig Chapter and I told him that the fact that they even existed was nearly enough to put me off buying the bike.
bull

Post by bull »

badsanta wrote:"well badsanta, most bikes vintage or classic are seen as old school these days"
So Pioneers, Veteran, Pre-war,Post-war bikes are excluded then. Classic could be a brand new bike, as some new bikes become "instant" classics. Most people that run so called old school bikes today, yes me included, usually have aftermarket electronic ign.systems fitted,kevlar clutches,belt drive primary's and all the modern stuff they can afford in order to lessen the maintenance and breakdowns. The reason the major manufacturers don't make old school bikes is simple, they don't sell.

well, you could also say that the reason they dont sell, is because they don't make them anymore,

I give you an example of more recent times, so the younger lads will understand

the Africa twin, probably one of the best bikes ever built, there was noting wrong with that bike,

but, for some unknown reason they stopped making the Africa twin in the late 90s,

if they were still making the Africa twin today, it would be selling like hot cakes, so it would,
fat bob

Post by fat bob »

Tourider wrote:It sounds like you met the Harley Owners Group (HOG). "Giving Harley ownership a bad name since 1984."

funnly enough there was probably half of them wearing those big I like to to get fucked the ass by a Harley Davidson main dealer kind of gimps . don't get me wrong I wouldn't judge some one for having a hog back patch on their cut . I wouldn't just asume they are a harmless fucking eygit but I would suspect it :laugh:

a lot of people judge outlaw biker types . I have met a lot of them over the years and got on great with most but you allways get a few arseholes acting the big man . if I was in their club when I got got them back at the clubhouse id put a bit of manners on them and get them to tidy them selfs up a bit and stop being an embarrassment to their brothers :laugh:
badsanta

Post by badsanta »

bull wrote:
badsanta wrote:"well badsanta, most bikes vintage or classic are seen as old school these days"
So Pioneers, Veteran, Pre-war,Post-war bikes are excluded then. Classic could be a brand new bike, as some new bikes become "instant" classics. Most people that run so called old school bikes today, yes me included, usually have aftermarket electronic ign.systems fitted,kevlar clutches,belt drive primary's and all the modern stuff they can afford in order to lessen the maintenance and breakdowns. The reason the major manufacturers don't make old school bikes is simple, they don't sell.

well, you could also say that the reason they dont sell, is because they don't make them anymore,

I give you an example of more recent times, so the younger lads will understand

the Africa twin, probably one of the best bikes ever built, there was noting wrong with that bike,

but, for some unknown reason they stopped making the Africa twin in the late 90s,

if they were still making the Africa twin today, it would be selling like hot cakes, so it would,
The reason the Africa Twin,and it is a great bike, was dropped from the Honda range was due to falling sales and meeting the new emissions regs. Same reason Ducati don't make the iconic 916 anymore and same for all the other great machines that are now discontinued. " Everything passes and everything changes"
bull

Post by bull »

badsanta wrote: The reason the Africa Twin,and it is a great bike, was dropped from the Honda range was due to falling sales and meeting the new emissions regs. Same reason Ducati don't make the iconic 916 anymore and same for all the other great machines that are now discontinued. " Everything passes and everything changes"

there you go, in away that's the point I have been trying to make, the Africa twin 750 was a great bike,

infact you be lucky to find a bike as good as it today,

in 10 years time, people will say that the bikes of the 1990s were old tech and noting but a load of trouble, some people are probably even saying that today,

but some great bikes came out of the 1990s and the 1980s and 1970s etc, you know the Africa twin 650 came out in the 1980s, also a great bike.

as I said before, just because something is new and high tech, doesn't mean its better,
devon john

Post by devon john »

one thing that the Harley has over any other bike is the lady's love them .
its the one bike that they will ride on ??

john

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”