ADAC Membership / Experience

Bikers and riding
numptyspence

ADAC Membership / Experience

Post by numptyspence »

OK its that time of year when i need to renew by my breakdown insurance

I have been with the service from Adelaide/Surety for the last 2 years and never had a issue, but then again i have never used them.

I keep hearing about the quality on the ADAC service but its hard to find out on their website how it works if i live over here and holiday over in europe and germany.

So to those who use them can you help and give me a bit of info on how you have found them?
DanielS

Re: ADAC Membership / Experience

Post by DanielS »

I have been a member for about 4 or 5 years now. it's a bit of a faff to join/pay as you have to use a good old fax machine but you get there in the end.

If you break down abroad they will bring you and the vehicle home (Not needed them though) however if you break down in the UK they will only take you a certain distance, I think €200 worth of distance and they sub it out to the AA. So when my car broke down near Swindon they would not cover me to bring me home on a Sunday evening as I the AA charge would have been up to €200 and I would have been nowhere close to home.

They were as helpful as could be on the phone though, offering to take the costs for a hire car (Which I didn't want) and put that towards the AA cost, but in the end I had a friend who let me use his breakdown.

So, to summarise - Abroad = Great, UK - Make sure you're close to home :) For €79 a year it's worth it for the European peace of mind I feel.
snaphappy

Re: ADAC Membership / Experience

Post by snaphappy »

If your staying in the UK use a local firm..
If your planning on leaving then I defy anyone to find a better firm. Get the plus package that covers you and the bike. Medical repatriation, hospital aid, translators, legal, the list goes on and on. I have covered them here before.
You and your "vehicle" get repatriated to your home address. I state "vehicle" as its regardless of private vehicle, hired, borrowed or owned.
If you plan to use them quote my number and I'll get another toaster

http://adventurebikerider.com/forum/26- ... html#18585
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”