Where Does This Hatred Come From?

Bikers and riding
James691

Re: Where Does This Hatred Come From?

Post by James691 »

Treadtrader wrote:
-Ralph- wrote:
And all Adventure Bike riders are GERIATRIC! ;)
Never a truer word. :laugh:
Sat here with a bad back and an aching knee joint it's hard to disagree! :laugh:
Dancing in the moonlight
GUNDOG

Post by GUNDOG »

I think this generally a very good forum..

But i do ride a BMW, 'have all the gear' and don't give a flying fuk what anyone thinks...

Thanks very much. :P
Treat every situation like a dog..

If you can't hump it or eat it, piss on it and walk away.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

Hey - what's all this talk about "feelings" ?! We're all roughty tuffty bikers are we not? :P
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
Royster

Post by Royster »

I agree with gun dog i have a bmw 1200gs all the gear and its fantastic top quality ? and cost a small fortune top gear top bike we cant all be wrong ???
Diesel Pete

Post by Diesel Pete »

Royster wrote:I agree with gun dog i have a bmw 1200gs all the gear and its fantastic top quality ? and cost a small fortune top gear top bike we cant all be wrong ???
No you are not wrong, anything which is succesful gets scorned. The whole adventure bike thing is scorned by some just like the whole sportsbike which never see's a race track is scorned by others.

Wear what you want, ride what you want and enjoy it.

Or do the right thing and ride a Triumph like me ;)
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

If you're not delicate...............try UKGSER :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

johnnyboxer wrote:If you're not delicate...............try UKGSER :whistle:
Never been on UKGSER but some of the large sportsbike forums are horrendous, the likes of Visordown.

It does seem going on the internet to argue with people is a bit of a hobby for some folk and when big slagging matches happen they find it funny and a source of amusement.

I'm happy to be called one of the 'delicate' ones and avoid those type of forums like the plague. Just like I wouldn't choose to go to a slum on holiday, or a fighting pit of a pub on a Friday night for a drink, I don't want to spend my free time in participating in that kind of environment.

I find it quite sad that people want to argue with strangers for fun. They can't have a very happy life/marriage/family/job if they want to make arguing their hobby, or maybe don't particularly want that, but just can't drag themselves out of that frame of mind.

I'm glad this forum isn't like that, and if it became like that in future then I wouldn't still be here.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Barcelona Pat

Post by Barcelona Pat »

I'm with Ralph with his pub analogy.

If an arse pitches into the discussion down the pub, you'll usually walk away. Or if he becomes too much of a pain, he's kicked out. If too many arses start to hang around it can affect the atmosphere of a pub - which the Mods and 'regulars' on here do a sterling job to protect. On the whole I really like this pub!

Bit worried about what Gedge posted earlier though... :unsure: :unsure: CRAP, does that mean I have to buy an R1?? :woohoo: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Pat
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

johnnyboxer wrote:If you're not delicate...............try UKGSER :whistle:
Yea only get on there for technical info now :huh: guy recently got a slagging for daring to ask what mpg people are getting from the new GS1200 wc, toilet?
Matthew521

Post by Matthew521 »

Well said Mark, I've been riding bikes solidly for 25 years. Every type from RD's to a Virago! (Don't ask) Had the sports bikes, blades etc, then settled to many years on Sports tourers, blackbirds and ZZR's. Mostly I always get the "nod" but just recently I made the leap and got a BMW 1200 GSA, what a difference, is it snobbery? Bitchness? I'm still the same bloke!. I nod to all BMW riders, all C90 riders and everyone in between, we have enough people putting bikers down and trying to get us off the road without in fighting, so lets all get along, get out there and enjoy...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”