Like sitting on the Khazi

Bikers and riding
Alun

Like sitting on the Khazi

Post by Alun »

Took the Tiger in for a major service today and was handed the keys to a Suzuki Bergman 400. And I have to say, I took the long way back to the office, even though the weather was lousy. It's a fun ride and the sitting position feels very familiar, like sitting on the Khazi reading the paper.

Bergman 2.jpg
Bergman 2.jpg (397.33 KiB) Viewed 2044 times
900Fantrider

Re: Like sitting on the Khazi

Post by 900Fantrider »

Cor, you Stratford type people must have posh toilets compared to Yorkshire :pinch: :)
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

900Fantrider wrote:Cor, you Stratford type people must have posh toilets compared to Yorkshire :pinch: :)

And ours are inside the house. :lol: :lol:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
herman

Post by herman »

Underated bikes those large scooters in my opinion. Got chatting to a Swiss couple on a 500 Yam in Majorca last year,they had done the grand tour on it.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

There was one on last years TLD rally lowestoft to Dingle (West coast of Ireland)
we done it from dawn to finish by dusk, although the guy on a ginlin 125cc deserved the heroes prize
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

One passed us in Italy last summer on the AutoRoute we where cruising at about 80 and he flew past us wearing a tiny cruiser helmet, sandels, bermuda shorts & a suit jacket!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Sprockette

Post by Sprockette »

900Fantrider wrote:One passed us in Italy last summer on the AutoRoute we where cruising at about 80 and he flew past us wearing a tiny cruiser helmet, sandels, bermuda shorts & a suit jacket!
Made me think of this video I "bumped into" on YouTube the other day.

Kenbo

Post by Kenbo »

Couple of years ago several of us went up to John O'Groats. One of the guys an eldery gent of 70 turned up on one of those a 400cc. Becouse he was recovering from hip injury and was not ready to give up biking.

On the A9 we were hitting about [strike]100[/strike] 60 in places but he was keeping up no problem. He also said the maintanence was easy.
Warthog

Post by Warthog »

A HUBB member overlanded his Burgman all over the place. Not sure it was RTW, but defo through Asia and some really gnarly terrain. Low COG helped despite mini wheels. Consumption was good and maintenance easy.

I'm still not take by them. As much as I can see their practicality, I'm still far more drawn to the sit on bike rather step-through scoot...
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I've got a mate who was riding a ZX-10R as his main bike last year with a Gilera 500cc twist-and-go scooter as his "get around" bike. A group of us went out for a run one Saturday and he was overtaking another ZX-10R round the outside of a corner! :pinch: All the other bikes were able to out-pace him on the straights, but through the twisties, he was spanking everyone! :S
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”