Hey All

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Nicoli

Hey All

Post by Nicoli »

Hey,

Thought I'd whack up a post just to say hey, hopefully you'll be seeing me around on here a bit from now on.

Dreaming of getting a 125 Varadero (drools) next year when I have the money to get into riding, want to start out on a 125 along with the misses (she's been riding a 125 for a few years now, closest I've come was a few years on a 50 back when I was 16-18) and personally don't think any other style of bike compares to the adventure style :)

So yeah...not an owner yet but planning to be in time for next summer. And hopefully either have the 125 Varadero or 125 Yamaha TDR. or something else when I realise my budget is less than I'd hoped as is always the way lol

And that brings me to the only real question I have at the moment. Aside from the 2 listed above...what other 125cc adventure bikes are around? if any?

Lee
Alun

Re: Hey All

Post by Alun »

Hi Lee and welcome to the forum. I've heard some possitive mutterings about the Derbi.

Derbi-Terra-Adventure-1.jpg
Derbi-Terra-Adventure-1.jpg (16.72 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

There is nothing worse than looking forward to getting a bike it seems to drag sooo much.

There is the Derbi Terra 125 Aprilia Pegaso 125

[ebay]270647650330[/ebay]

[ebay]320601914856[/ebay]
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Thanks chaps, yeah I'd grown quite fond of the Derbis (forgot about them when writing my post) but they are out of my budget sadly (as are the Varadero + TDR really aside from the 1990s era TDR)

The aprilla looks good, I'll take a gander and see if there are any around when I've got the money together early next year.

Budget wise I'll be looking at 1990 model bikes, or if lucky the earliest model Varaderos (seen 2 go for around £700 in the last few months so heres hoping) as I'll have around £600/700.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Hi Nicoli

The Honda XR125 is a great bike, 3 years ago my partner bought an 03 one for £450, started the process to learn to ride, got through her test and then sold it for £750 8 months later!
Very easy to ride, reliable, cheap parts & theres loads been broken if you need panels etc anytime.

xr125 005.jpg
xr125 005.jpg (270 KiB) Viewed 2268 times
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Yeah see when I was younger I used to quite fancy an XR, not so much now, though it wouldn't stop me getting one if it was cheap enough :P

I've not come accross any that cheap so far though

The ideas are appreciated chaps :) gives me a wider choice to look at when I've got my money together
scouse

Post by scouse »

I think it is the size thing is a possible issue with the XR. It is a small bike aimed at yoofs, where as the Derbi and the Baby Vara look and feel like much bigger bikes and are more than capable of making adequate progress even with an adult sized rider on board.

Dunno about the Aprilla... never seen one in the flesh
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Ahh yeah see, being a considerably tall fella I'm more inclined towards the larger/taller 125s rather than something where I'd struggle to get my knees under the handle bars :P

It is part of my lave for the Varadero as any review I've seen / comment I've heard from owners has said it's a good size for taller riders
Sopwith Camel

Post by Sopwith Camel »

Welcome......
My brother got a 125 Varadero a year ago, to learn on.
Great little bike, nice and tall as well, i love having a go on it.

He's 6ft tall and has no issues with it. Keep an eye on ebay, espical as the colder weather is coming a lot of people will be thinking of selling.

Good luck....
:)
MidnightSerenity

Post by MidnightSerenity »

Hey Nicoli, welcome to the Forum! Happy Shopping for your new bike...I'm smiling as I write this post, because having past my CBT a little while ago, I did not even stop to consider my options regarding bikes....one day I woke up and had to have a bike - so I bought one!!! She is beautiful! Hope you have fun shopping for yours! :)

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”