Hey All

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
LargeWayRound

Re: Hey All

Post by LargeWayRound »

Nicoli wrote:Yeah the Vara 125 is what I really want, but not often do they fall into my budget and when they do they are quickly snapped up.

Same with the Derbi Terra, if I had the money I'd get the one on ebay

Realistically, it looks like the Pegaso is going to be what I'll pick up in a few months if there is one around as they seem to be going cheaper being older bikes.
Yeah , Because the Vara 125 is a perfect learner legal bike for older people taking the CBT / test .. as they feel and look a bigger bike, and hold there value well S/H , they are snapped up when for sale.

Maybe you can find one that has some cosmetic issues at a good price.

good luck

(back to working on next video :whistle: )
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Hey less of the 'older' :P I'm 21 I'll have you know!!

But yeah I've been looking at Vara's with either the odd cosmetic defect, or there was one that was listed as non-runner a few months ago that would have taken all of 10 minutes to get running.

But I don't have the money at the mo :(
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Nicoli wrote:Hey less of the 'older' :P I'm 21 I'll have you know!!
I meant in general .. :)

Here is a picture I found of a vara 125 that has been tarted up .. just to give you some ideas what you could do with a spray can and some elbow grease ..

start saving those pennies.. .
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

If your 21 why don't you go for a full licence, that way your choice of bike is much greater.
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

I plan to when I can afford it. But even then, I want to learn on a 125 before going onto anything bigger.
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

africajim wrote:Well, local dealer here in Elgin, Willie Young motorcycles has an 03 Yamaha DTR125LC, he mentioned £1200 when I spoke to him on Saturday. Cracking 125 with plenty of go being a 2 stroke.
Too far for you to travel probably but does give you another choice! ;)
If somebody told me that the only bike I could own from now on is a 125, it would be this one. They are big, light, fast, and great fun! Im 6ft but wouldnt feel silly on a DT 125.
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

Prefer the look of things like the Vara over the 'motorcross' look of the DTR really
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

How about A DT 125 Tenere? all the fun off a DT with the looks of a Tenere. They are tricky to find but they are out there.;)
Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Hi Nicoli,

I had a Varadero XL125V for about 18 months.
It was my first bike after having a scooter and I loved it very much.
It has such a great road prescence. Will do 60mph easily.
You can carry luggage and a passenger if you need to.
I took my A2 test on it which was my cheap way of getting rid of the 'L' plates without the expense of direct access etc.

Just keep an eye out on ebay, you can get some good prices now for them.

Good luck
Ade
Nicoli

Post by Nicoli »

CRAIGREVO wrote:How about A DT 125 Tenere? all the fun off a DT with the looks of a Tenere. They are tricky to find but they are out there.;)

That's a bit more like it ;)

Thanks all by the way, given me a wider selection to choose from :) keep them coming if there are anymore lol

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”