Newbie from Castleford, W.Yorks.....

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Sykesy

Newbie from Castleford, W.Yorks.....

Post by Sykesy »

Hi all. XT660Z Tenere owner here! Im trying to search out any other 'local' ish riders, for occassional get togethers, rides out etc. I live close to the infamous 'Sherburn' biker cafe, but its always full of those plastic sports bikes, so i dont go!

Planning on going up to the western coast of the Highlands prob around January, for a few days to photograph the views. Eileen Donan castle, and on to Skye. Will be B & B'ing it (too cold for camping)! Anyone else fancy coming????

Doing the Pyrenees in July 2012, and on to Barcelona, 2 up, with camping gear!

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
AckAckFlack

Re: Newbie from Castleford, W.Yorks.....

Post by AckAckFlack »

Welcome to the nut house - not too far away from you.
I thought it was just me that didn't go to Sherburn - my bikes are always too dirty ad besides I like riding rather than looking.
BBRR - Big Bike Rough Road Riders Group

It's all about how big it is and how Rough you use it :-)

The journey aimed to challenge the perception of blindness…

Usually People call me Sir... closely followed by 'You are making a scene!'
Mark1961

Post by Mark1961 »

billboard-Welcome2_2011-11-06-2.jpg
billboard-Welcome2_2011-11-06-2.jpg (437.25 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
Adventure motorcycling is a challenge for those who go but only a dream for those who stay behind.

growing old is compulsory growing up is optional!
Gary117

Post by Gary117 »

Hi Syksey and welcome to the ABR.

Good bike the xt660z Tenere,I bought a new one in 2009 and did 9k very enjoyable miles on it.
Just such a tall bike for a 5ft 8in guy.

Ride safe.

Gary.
2011 Yamaha XT660Z Tenere
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

Gary117 wrote:Hi Syksey and welcome to the ABR.

Good bike the xt660z Tenere,I bought a new one in 2009 and did 9k very enjoyable miles on it.
Just such a tall bike for a 5ft 8in guy.

Ride safe.

Gary.
Thanx Gary, im only 5ft 8in with a 30in inside leg. I bought my Ten as it had the factory fitted lower seat option already fitted. I also fitted 40mm lowering links, so im pretty comfortable with it now. Love it to bits!

a friend is someone who bails you out of jail, But a BEST friend is the person sitting beside you saying...'that was fu**ing awesome'!!!!!!!
LargeWayRound

Post by LargeWayRound »

Hi Ya

Welcome along to the Forum

Cheers from Aberdeen

LWR
phil90

Post by phil90 »

Hi and Welcome to the forum from the center of the universe ... barnsley so not far either..
------ Dress for the slide, not the ride -------
placky2

Post by placky2 »

hi and welcome.
from that neck of the woods mysen,stanley,lived near filey for the last 7yrs and down in derby now:( was one of the founding members of cas british bike club back in the 80's and used to get all my bikes from castle motorcycles.not been to the lion for years,dave turner and clive were good mates but dont see anybody now.
youll love the highlands of scotland but take ya thermals!!!!
bosses are like nappys,always hanging round ya arse and full of shit.

life is like a shit sandwich,the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

never get into owt you cant get out of.
bunker

Post by bunker »

Welcome to the forum :)
Triumph Tiger 885
Sykesy

Post by Sykesy »

placky2 wrote:hi and welcome.
from that neck of the woods mysen,stanley,lived near filey for the last 7yrs and down in derby now:( was one of the founding members of cas british bike club back in the 80's and used to get all my bikes from castle motorcycles.not been to the lion for years,dave turner and clive were good mates but dont see anybody now.
youll love the highlands of scotland but take ya thermals!!!!

Thanx Placky, yes, Castle motorcycles is my local shop, and the Lion is my local Pub! The Lion is now owned and run by Satans Slaves, so its always full and still a great night out. Plus its the only live band venue thats any good here now since Jimmy Duggan closed the Crimea!!!
Yup, i know about the Highlands, been about 6 times, but not in Jan on the bike....yet!

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”