Hello folks ...

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Onenoodles

Hello folks ...

Post by Onenoodles »

Just wanted to say hi ... just like many of you no doubt, I come from a long biking background i.e. had one since I was 17 and I am now 61 yrs of age and had pretty much everything in terms of type. Had the seventies and 80's classics like GS850's, Gs1000's, GSX 1100's and all the ZZRs from 1100d to 3 ZZR1400's (awsome bikes) and Versys 1000, a few Varadero's, a couple of Beemer's but never had a Harley.
In terms of travel by bike ... most of Europe, been lucky and managed a couple of St Africa trips, a brief India adventure, a trip through Malasia and that's it.
I have zero mechanical skills ... fingers like bananas :D and no logic but good a brewing up and supplying lots of encouragment to anyone that has helped me out of a hole!
I currently have a Super Ten and its my second go with the Yam as last time I came to it from a ZZR14 and it was too much of a drop in excitement but now I appreciate the bike ... love it.
So that's me ... hope I don't ask too many daft questions :mrgreen:
20210322_154336.jpg
20210322_154336.jpg (324.03 KiB) Viewed 2182 times
Treadtrader

Re: Hello folks ...

Post by Treadtrader »

Welcome to ABR mate. Always impressed by the Superten , but never bought one, maybe............
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Big welcome to the site, noodles. I've ridden a lot of sports bikes over the years, including tuned R1s, Fireblades etc, but nothing gave the acceleration hit of the ZZR1400 Performance Sport Edition that I borrowed from a mate once. Incredible unrelenting power. I bet you miss that ferocious kick. But at least you've come out the other side of ZZR ownership with your licence intact - which is quite an achievement really.

Enjoy the forum... :D
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Welcome from Cornwall
Heff

Post by Heff »

Hello from an usually warm and sunny Northern Ireland ;)
If I'm not online.............

I'm probably out on the Bat Bike

Gelande/Strasse R1200Gsa Triple Black
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 pm Big welcome to the site, noodles. I've ridden a lot of sports bikes over the years, including tuned R1s, Fireblades etc, but nothing gave the acceleration hit of the ZZR1400 Performance Sport Edition that I borrowed from a mate once. Incredible unrelenting power. I bet you miss that ferocious kick. But at least you've come out the other side of ZZR ownership with your licence intact - which is quite an achievement really.

Enjoy the forum... :D
Thanks for the welcome, The ZZR14 is still the best engine I have ever know on a bike, took ages to ween myself of them but in truth I was also on 9 points so not an option really anyway :twisted: :roll:
Almost a waste of time having that bike in this country and increasingly not worth it overseas as well ... much better to tour and enjoy the attributes of bikes like a S10 or such like to be honest.
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

Thanks for the nice welcome's above folks ... ;)
macvisual

Post by macvisual »

Welcome 'Onenoodles', wOw your introduction is impressive to say the least, huge wealth of life experiences of 2-wheels, awesomeness!!

I'm a similar age to yourself, looking forward to your motorcyle input/photography/stories/knowledge along the way, appreciated.

Love the choice of Yamaha wheels, about half the horse power of a ZZR14 I'm guessing......lol, you'll love it for sure.

Get stuck in...

Regards from bonnie Scotland.

Cheers;
Peter
"Progress is not possible without deviation".

Frank Zappa
Onenoodles

Post by Onenoodles »

macvisual wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:22 pm Welcome 'Onenoodles', wOw your introduction is impressive to say the least, huge wealth of life experiences of 2-wheels, awesomeness!!

I'm a similar age to yourself, looking forward to your motorcyle input/photography/stories/knowledge along the way, appreciated.

Love the choice of Yamaha wheels, about half the horse power of a ZZR14 I'm guessing......lol, you'll love it for sure.

Get stuck in...

Regards from bonnie Scotland.

Cheers;
Peter
Hi Peter
Thanks for the comments ... feel a bit of a fraud after the big into :D not much of it was anything really dramatic in terms of whinching bikes through jungle or having to strip the bike down in 120 degree heat to fix it ... in all honesty I never had a puncture anywhere and had only a minor run in with some unruly kids throwing sticks and gravel at me in a village on the way towards Goa :roll:
I did have a frightning 'off' near Frejus once which I might post as a lessons learnt and did cause a mini riot in an Orang Asli jungle village in the Terengganu area .... not bike related but an experience!
You got me thinking though about photos ... never been one for a gopro or taking photos in general until the last couple of years and I have some proper photos (remember them?) from trips and need to get them sorted so I can have them electronically. I will get some sorted and maybe post a couple of recollections of trips.
Cheers and get ready for a mass invasion of campers this year ... the Highlands will look like Reading Festival I reckon :mrgreen:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Onenoodles wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am not much of it was anything really dramatic in terms of whinching bikes through jungle
Oh well if you haven't winched your bike through the jungle then you can get off the site right now, you lightweight... :D

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”