Hey up

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
Snox7777

Hey up

Post by Snox7777 »

Thought best say hello . Rode bikes all my life n always fancied a go at off road riding . So here I am with a crf250l ( brought as low maintenance , fine for riding to work on and good to introduce me to green Laning ) . Got some questions ( number one will be about tyres , yeah sorry ) and gonna be doing some reading of threads on here to .
Nice one.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Re: Hey up

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Welcome...

Re tyres: anything other than a proper knobbly (ie Pirelli MT21) will be compromised in soft conditions off-road. On-road it will grip less and wear faster than a road tyre.

This

http://www.heidenautyres.com.au/tyre/k60/

is a typical 50/50 compromise tyre. A cynic might say it's equally bad in all conditions. You'd want the 'enduro' version without the continuous centre band on your bike. Just don't enter a real enduro with it!
Snox7777

Post by Snox7777 »

Thanks for the welcome mate . Regards tyres think I should ask on the crf thread .
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It is an important question...I've been trail riding since the 1990s, and the tyres pretty much define what a bike is capable of.

One tip which holds good whatever tyres you fit is that fitting security bolts will allow you to lower pressures for better grip in soft conditions, and that it's worth having the wheels balanced afterwards in terms of comfort, handling and tyre and bearing wear.
Snox7777

Post by Snox7777 »

Do you mean rim locks ? Have seen talk of them , worth fitting then mate .
M17OOK

Re: Hi All

Post by M17OOK »

Hi, New to the group, my name is Martin Cook (Cookie) i have just taken the plunge into the Adventure bike seen with a Triumph Tiger 1200 XCA, previous bikes were, Speed triple RS, street triple RS, fireblade, Raleigh burner BMX 🤣. I now live in Manchester and have been for the last 10 years. Married with grown up kids and a General Manager for a food service business. Love a pint, bet and getting out on the bike. Cheers 🍻🍻🍻👍

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”