hello all

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
philmatuk

hello all

Post by philmatuk »

Hi guys and gals
well ive been riding since 11 years old after dragging an XL125 from the Runcorn canal many years ago, pushing it home, getting the hiding of a lifetime off my old man for bringing a stolen bike home, learning how to ride on that after the police said it wasn't even reported stolen and dad fixed it up and have been bike mad ever since (much to the regret of my dad) had various sports bikes all through my riding life until I decided those things are way to uncomfortable and went for a naked bike FZ1N which me and my wife Andrea love to bits...…. thing is although its comfy its got absolutely zero luggage capacity …. so after much thinking and trialling different bikes we found the Triumph Tiger XCX 800 is what we are going to add to the collection for some serious touring.
Hopefully I will be able to afford one in the next 4 months (second hand of course) then we will start our "adventure riding" with the Scotland 500 as we live In Charnock Richard near Chorley in Lancashire UK and that sets us up nice for the jaunt north.
Dreams of Norway and the Trollstiege and the fjords has lured us into planning a trip way up there which I am just starting to look into.
Hoping to meet plenty of people on here with the same interests and glean advice and tips for better adventure riding experience. I am also an avid wild camper, airgun hunter and downhill mountain biker (although the wife passes on the last one as she hates going downhill)
Anyways looking forward to hearing from you all or some

regards Phil Martin

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”