Numb Bum

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
tommy.finnegan.3

Numb Bum

Post by tommy.finnegan.3 »

Tommy here. Been riding bikes all my life, Honda 175, Kawasaki kh400, Kawasaki Gtr1000, Kawasaki ZZR1100, Honda Shadow VT 700. So now I’m getting a GS1200. Seeing as I made it to the ripe old age of 66. The old bum gets numb. I know there are air cushions available but I was wondering if you guys knew of a piece of underwear that could be recommended. I’ll be riding onto the continent next year. Ireland to Rome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tonibe63

Re: Numb Bum

Post by Tonibe63 »

I always found the standard seat quite comfortable, more so than the Sargent seats but for the extra long days we use airhawk cushions.
I would try it as it comes for a while and find out which part of your bum hurts, then look on UKGSer for lots of info.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Elmer J Fudd

Post by Elmer J Fudd »

Moto Skiveez - underpants with padding, they are better than cycling unders, but more expensive.

Moto Legends sell them, there will be others too.
tommy.finnegan.3

Thanks for that pal

Benson-1215

Post by Benson-1215 »

Not underwear but have a look at cool covers
"I came into this world with nothing and with careful management
I still have most of it left'
Monkey Rum

Post by Monkey Rum »

Also try a sheep skin throw
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

Greetings,

Not very macho but Johnsons baby talc helps to prevent heat rash. (I understand :oops: )

TTFN

Hugh.
dubber68

Post by dubber68 »

I use moto skiveez on long trips and can recommend them. They are not ideal off the bike though if doing a lot of walking around. You feel like you are wearing a nappy. I have also used a sheepskin cover and find that very good too. The advantage of the sheepskin is that it can double a a pillow if rolled into a stuffsac. Combine the two and big mileage it's a breeze.
I work to live. I live to ride. I ride to work, Ever felt like your going in circles.

Yamaha XT1200Z, Sertao, Herald 250, Xcountry & Vanvan

[IMG]http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj4 ... POINTS.jpg[/IMG
tommy.finnegan.3

Great news thanks. I have a sheep skin on my Honda Shadow and have noticed a great improvement (2.5hrs) in the saddle. The air and underwear solution might see me achieving 4/5hrs which would be great. Thanks everyone

dibbs

Post by dibbs »

I use Moto Skiveez as well and find them very good, surprisingly good compared to cycling shorts! and I have a very boney arse lol.... I also use a coolmax cover which helps in summer, plus I have had my seat padded with extra padding, I still want to try a sheepskin now as well! then I reckon i'll be good for ooooh at least half an hour!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope I never go to prison i'd never last the day lol..

Good luck with your search for bum nirvana, everyone is different so you may need to try all of the above before your derriere finds something it likes... :D

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”