Hi, folks! from a RE Himalayan lover.

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
sqeeezy

Hi, folks! from a RE Himalayan lover.

Post by sqeeezy »

Hi guys and gals (oh maybe you can't sat that anymore...) great to be on the show. I've been puttering and sometimes roaring along on a BS4 Royal Enfield Himalayan for the last 4 months. As I'm skint I've been using it as my main transport: 7700 km now, down here in getting rather hot Southern Spain. Went to Morocco a couple of months ago on Basmati and loved it, thinking about overland down to Senegal at the tail end, when i don't have to water my acres any more. Reading the useful Chris Scott Morocco Overland and Oct 2005 Sahara Overland books to plan the route down the coast. Also fancy the overland to India route but probably too much to do in one winter. Probably depends on USA not firing missiles at Iran, as well. I'm fairly crap on bikes, but learned a bit on pistes and edge of Sahara in Maroc, and enjoy the Himmie loads. Best bike so far. BSA Bantam, MZ150, ETZ250, SL125, XL125, XT250, Bonneville T100, CRF250L, now Himmie, previous 3 gathering dust.
Jak*

Re: Hi, folks! from a RE Himalayan lover.

Post by Jak* »

Hi, welcome to the forum from a fellow Himalayan owner. Chris Scott’s website and his and Nathan Millward’s posts on here have some great info on the Himalayan.
Cheers Jak
nicktunstill

Post by nicktunstill »

I have been lent a Himalayan on a long term test and am very impressed. I normally use my CRF250 for the trails but recently a mate used that and I took out the Enfield. It handled most of it really well and seems well made and solid. Great bikes, and for the price amazing value, especially compared to some of the big adventure bikes out nowadays.
Alun

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”