Newbie in Suffolk

If you're new to the site make your 1st post here. Tell us who you are, what you ride, your travel plans, bank account details etc.
John Griffin

Newbie in Suffolk

Post by John Griffin »

Hi all

I'm a proud owner of a ktm adventure r, and looking for any members that ride in my area.
I've been to Thetford and spent a day trying to link up some routes, and was hoping there's a group of members that ride in the area I could tag onto.

John
Alun

Re: Newbie in Suffolk

Post by Alun »

Hello and welcome to ABR
petecam

Post by petecam »

Hi mate.

I’m just across the border in Cambridgeshire. Know Thetford inside out so would be happy to go for a ride out.

Cheers Pete
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

Welcome matey :D
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Count me in for a ride out round Thetford, ive been a couple of times but have no 'big bike' buddies to ride with!!!! my usual group are all on enduro bikes!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Welcome aboard from Gloucestershire :)

Cheers

Bren
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
petecam

Post by petecam »

dibbs wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:03 am Count me in for a ride out round Thetford, ive been a couple of times but have no 'big bike' buddies to ride with!!!! my usual group are all on enduro bikes!
Hi...

Well my trip away was cancelled so was thinking of having a little ride out on Saturday around Thetfordf if you are interested. Will go out Sat morning but probably knock it on the head around 3-4 ish as Im going out later.

Wont be going mad as Im still calibrating myself on the big GS

PM me if you are interested.
Pete
OB1

Post by OB1 »

Hi John and welcome to the forum from just down the road in Ipswich.

There's a couple of local groups that regularly do the Thetford Trails:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/adventuretrailrider/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113266842487530/

There's also a camping weekend coming up in May.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Agg(Skinny)

Post by Agg(Skinny) »

Big bike Thetford, count me in, need some practice before Morocco. Maybe start another thread. Welcome by the way.
dibbs

Post by dibbs »

Went out with Petecam today around the Thetford lanes, and thoroughly enjoyed myself! Pete is a really nice guy, and knows how to ride the big GS very well!! and knows the area, so all I had to do was concentrate on the track in front of me!!!!!!! (oh and eat his dust all day!! which there was a lot of!) which consisted of mainly gravel, with flint mixed in and quite a bit of sand, some quite deep in places so it will test your sand riding skills!!, a little bit of mud but not too much and some single track. We saw some American jets flying around Lakenheath too which was a bonus, Also some Hares, and lots of little new born lambs, they are so cute, plenty of Pheasants and those stupid little squab things that run along in front of you all the time until the very last minute lol.. couple of horses, and a few dog walkers! oh and one other group of dirt bike riders (one of which I recognised from the KTM forum (small world). I really like Thetford because it has all types of terrain to test you. Did around 220miles all in including getting there and back, and completely knackered now! even got some historical facts from Pete thrown in for free!!! here's a picture showing that it happened. The wall in the background was apparently used for target practice for the RAF during WW2 and you can see its peppered with bullet holes fascinating really as I would never have known that and just ridden on by. We must do this sort of thing more often, and its good to meet up with other like minded folk from this site, rather than just talk about it on here... We finished up at Walkers café for a well earned biker favourite, Tea & Cake. Until next time, and thanks again for leading Pete.
ImageUntitled by

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2e8kaCK]Image
Untitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152522527@N08/]

Return to “WELCOME NEWBIE”